Prologue-2

⚠️Slight mention of Sexual Assault⚠️
William's POV

They are all gathered in the living room, Fred, Moran, Bond, James, Moneypenny, Patterson, the Moriarty brothers and also Mycroft Holmes, are all gathered in the living room to observe William actions and he doesn't know why.

It has been more than a month since Sherlock's last mission—3 months and 28 days to be exact. He should be back in England by now but he isn't. William's brother said that he probably needed more time with the mission and he would have believed it if it wouldn't be for his unanswered letters.

"Will, seriously. Mr Holmes will be alright. If he wasn't, he's Sherlock Holmes and he will make his way out of danger. Besides, he has Billy with him" Albert reassured. Louis sighed as he began speaking; "Brother, why don't you send another letter to Holmes? Maybe those other letters couldn't reach him—" before Louis could finish what he was saying, he got interrupted by the knocks on the door.

Upon hearing this, William quickly spun his head and opened the door, hoping for it to be the detective.

"Billy! Welcome" William welcomed Billy happily as he expected to see another person behind him, but there was no one. William was confused for a bit before looking at Billy expression and William heart sank.

No.. that can't be right. Maybe my deductions are wrong.. yeah! They must be wrong!

"William" Billy said, trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible. "I need to tell you something"
—————

Billy now, fully inside the Moriarty's living room, is trying to find a way to put whatever he is going to say carefully. "Billy, where is Mr Holmes?" Albert asked.

"It's best if I start explaining the situation" Billy started. William nervously and impatiently waited for Billy to speak, and for the first time ever, he fears that his deductions would be correct.

"Over a month ago, ponytail—Sherlock got a telegram addressing a mission, the one he told William however, assuming that you didn't follow him means that he did not tell you what the mission is" Billy looked at me as I nodded.

"Yes.. Sherly—Sherlock didn't inform me the details, why?" Billy sighed as he continued. "Well.. the mission was in New York, we had to deal with a drug organization but.. we didn't know that it would be much worse"

Billy paused, allowing time for all of them to process. "Many things were involved in the drug organization, kidnapping, murders and even citizens—no matter the gender—were being enslaved and sexually assaulted. People were unsafe and so they ran to us.. the detectives and police for shelter so Sherlock came up with a plan and it was amazing"

Everyone was shocked upon hearing such organization, however, William felt his blood boiled as he waited for Billy to continue.

"What we didn't know—because he didn't tell us!—was that he would have to use himself as the bait. We would have never allow him to do it if we knew what he planned on doing! However, since there were no times we had to agree and we knew that Sherlock wouldn't be troubled much but..."

Billy looked sympathetically and quite scared at William, he feared that the next thing he say would hurt William.

"We had a mole in our team and they ratted our strategy out which means the opponents had time to prepared. The drug organization's members came in twice the expected amount and try to abduct as many citizens as possible but Sherlock threw a smoke bomb in their way to distract them as he rushed over to help everyone escape, except.."

His eyes teared up as gathered up his courage to finish explaining.

"Except, he refused to leave as he said that he will try to hold them off for as long as he could until we could fetch more people and we did! We did go as fast as we could to fetch them but when we came back, Sherlock were no where to be seen and we saw bodies lying on the floor bleeding, some of them were dead and some were unconscious and as we were searching.. I found"

Billy stopped as he glanced at William, shooting him a look that has guilt written all over it. "I'm sorry William but.. I found Sherlock's dead body with 5 bullet holes lying on the ground."

And there it was, those words are what William feared the most. The detective had died, his love died. William world collapsed, his head spun and it was a mess. He couldn't believe it, he couldn't believe what Billy had just told him. The detective that he adores so much, his Sherly.. is dead?

William stumbled backward as he was still processing the given information. Mycroft Holmes however, had an unexplainable face. "That bastard.. Idiot!" Mycroft finally broke the silence.

Sherlock was Mycroft's other half even if he would never says it. He loved his little brother dearly and he was also the only family member he had left.

Everyone was shocked upon hearing this information. "Billy.. say that you are just pulling my legs right now" William voice cracked as he pleaded Billy. Tears escaped from Billy eyes as he dropped his head. "I'm so sorry William.. I couldn't protect him but when we search Sherlock's temporarily room? We found this stack of letter addressed to you" Billy said as he reached for his inner-jacket's pockets and handed it to William.

William took it and excused himself to his bedroom.

Sherly, you promised.. you promised...!