Chapter 7: One Final Day With You

"William.. here is senior ponytail's body" With his gaze, Billy pointed to the direction of the detective's body which is being covered with white cloth. William trembly walked over to the couch, where his lover body was laid on. He then took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down then reached out his shaky hand to pull the cover that was covering Sherlock's face and then he saw the pale, limp body of a man he loved so much.

"Brother!" Louis yelled as he immediately went over to support William whose legs had given up on him and became like jello. Despite mustering up his courage and trying his hardest to not cry, it all failed because he couldn't hold in his tears.

"Louis, I'm fine" He pushed himself away from Louis gripped, fumbling over to the detective's detective. William slowly fell to his knees so that he could easily reach out for Sherlock's body which is lying down on the couch without bending down.

"Sherly, please please please open your eyes..." William whispered as he took a hold of Sherlock's hand. He then laid his head on top of the detective's chest as he silently sobbed. The sight of the heartbroken ex-lord of crime pained everyone in the Moriarty mansion, especially Louis and Albert, however; there's someone else that is dying to meet Sherlock one last time.

Mycroft Holmes who had been watching silently decided to let William do the cleaning of Sherlock's body. "I guess it's real.." Mycroft mumbled to himself which Albert caught on,

"Mycroft.. I'm sorry for your loss once again" "Don't be, Albert. Sherly wouldn't want us to be sad over his death and we need to move on but I will admit that it would be difficult, just like what William had said, we have to keep moving forward..." Mycroft turned to Albert as he shared a sad smile.

"Despite how annoying and stupid my brother is, I will miss him" I guess I have no one to call me 'Mycky' anymore. Mycroft thought as he sighed.

"Please.." William spoke as he got everyone attention. "Leave me be in the mansion alone, just for tonight" His voice cracked as he speak.

Louis who had stumbled upon William causing harm to himself last night was reluctant but still eventually agreed and now a few more minutes later, William is alone with Sherlock's body.

"Hi, Sherly" William began talking to his detective as he brushed the dark strands covering Sherlock's face.

William took a deep breath but it was interrupted by a sob. "I'm trying really hard, Sherly, I really am but-" He sniffed as he snuggled closer to his lover while still sitting on the floor. "I miss you so much. Why did you have to go.. just when everything was falling into place, you're gone" William then snuggled even closer to his lover, trying to find some comfort.

Being dissatisfied, he got up and decided to lay next to Sherlock's body, holding him close one last time.

He then decided to close his eyes while hugging the detective tight.

I know that I could get sick but... this is the last time I will ever get to hold you in this life.

"I missed being in your arm so much, Sherly. I guess I got too used to running into your arms every time you came home from work, every time I had nightmares or just for any other reason for the past 3 years in Brooklyn and the past few months back in London" William chuckled but then he frowned because he knew that he no longer could do that.

Despite knowing the fact that he is hugging a dead body right now, he still continued to talk as if Sherlock could hear him.

"I broke my promise to you the other day.. I'm so sorry, love but without your presence, no one can set me straight anymore, not even my brothers Sherly. You were there in every single step of my journey to finding the right 'atonement' for my crimes and I got so ... lost with the negative thoughts. I'm so sorry, I promise Louis that I will try my best to not harm myself again but I don't think I could do it"

As William continues to talk to Sherlock, he started growing sleepy in the arms of his lover and so he decided to take a nap.
——————————————