Chapter Ten 🌹

Yibo couldn't hide his amazement when he and Zhan met again. But the shock was only for a moment, the anger alternated on the face again. Not just angry, he was furious that a muscle jerked in his face. And after the forced nod to Xiao Fengmian, the young man came out of the verandah again.

"Hello, Zhan..." Carmen greeted Zhan. "How's your little sister?"

"She's fine, Aunt. Dad didn't take her because it was still school days." he briefly glanced at Yibo who was on the verandah and leaning on the baluster. Zhan could feel his hatred.

"Zhan. Why don't you go out and talk with Yibo? Maybe there's no need for an introduction. You know each other already, don't you?" Fengmian said.

Wondering what kind of dealing with Yibo he would do. If he opted for anger, his father will be angry with him and at what he sees in Yibo now, it would be a big mistake to show equal animosity. He sighed and decided to treat the circumstance in the lightest way he knew how.

He looked at Yibo as he approached. Handsome devil. But not his type. Add the wavy hair that reaches his shoulders. This is not the medieval age, why does Yibo have to grow his long like Abraham Lincoln?

Zhan's eyes moved down to his body. Tight fitting jeans that hugged his body like a second skin. Drop dead hunk, no doubt. Muscles all over, whether it was due to exercise or sports passion or his work at the WQC Plant, he had no idea. What Zhan's knows is that all the Wangs work, most of the times hard labor. That's what Haoxuan told him.

Zhan's eyes looked at the wooden crutch next to Yibo and Zhan's facial expression suddenly changed. From ordinary curiosity turned into sympathy. How did Yibo accept what happened to him? How long he will be confined to the wooden crutch?

"Keep your damn sympathy to yourself," Yibo said irritably. "I'd rather you survey me with distaste..."

"Oh, hi. We've met again. I'm Xiao Zhan." he faked a smile and leaned himself against the baluster of the verandah to its left. "No matter how you dislike me, we will soon be husbands..."

"F... you." Zhan barely held his breath. "All along you know that Dad arranged me with you and you made a fool out of me. That bastard lover of yours must be laughing to death by now!" Zhan didn't immediately realize that Yibo was referring to Charles.

"I--I h-haven't known it then that I... we... I mean my father informed me about the... the arrangement only a w-week ago..." Zhan stuttered which is so unusual of him. He was smart and witty and never rattled in any circumstance. But this man was unsettling and rough. Don't add the intense hatred to Yibo's face.

"And you expect me to believe that?" Yibo's voice was full of sarcasm. "And what about Haoxuan, does my brother also know that Dad and his uncle have agreed to marry me to you?"

"I-- really have no idea. I was surprised myself..." Zhan whispered.

"Really," Yibo continued to mock. The dark eyes darkened even more in anger. "And what is the reason that you agreed to marry me, may I know?"

Zhan cleared his throat, unable to answer immediately. Why, the man is so intimidating. "Err... hrmp..."

"I'm rich." Yibo raised his face arrogantly, the long hair swayed in his face that made Zhan think of one Chinese actor, he forgot the name. And gosh, the devil is really attractive. Only now did he pay full attention. He was biased because Yibo was not his type of man.

"That must be the reason, right?" Yibo added with a snort. Zhan recovered from the confusion and smiled. "Aren't we underestimating ourselves here?"

Zhan raised his eyebrows slightly. "Surely you could say I want to marry you for your looks. Everybody swoons over the handsome jet-setter and almost everybody wants to bring you to the front of the altar." answered Zhan.