Chapter Six 🌹

Yibo spent three weeks in the hospital before being discharged. He only spent a few days at the cottage ranch and Haikuan insisted on returning to China ordered by their mother Carmen. Quiren left a week ahead.

"Where are you going?" Haikuan asked his brother as Yibo reached for the crutch next to the chair.

Yibo raised his eyebrows. "We're more than or less thirty thousand feet above sea level, where do you think I'm going?" Yibo asked his brother sarcastically.

"If you're going to the John, I'll go with you." Haikuan was about to stand up but Yibo's face turned sharp.

"Really, Ge, you treat me as if I have amputated legs. Oh, maybe you thought I was six years old. Let me remind you, I'm twenty six..."

"You don't have to be sarcastic," the older one replied calmly. "I'm just worried--"

"Thanks a lot!" Yibo said angrily in a whisper because there were several passengers looking at them.

Haikuan's gaze followed his brother for a moment before shaking himself and leaning on the headrest. He must have been acting like a big nanny and knowing Yibo, naturally he would resent it. Even if he was in his brother's situation, he would probably act the same way.

He was just thankful that Haoxuan was left in Texas so that he could take over Yibo's job at the WQC Factory. By chance, Yibo's get pissed even more if there are two them who'll act as his nanny. Although they couldn't help worrying, they were all devastated by what happened to him.

It seems that some part of their body being disabled when the accident happened.

Yibo was outside the comfort room when Zhan entered. Both of them stopped walking and their eyes met for a moment.

Yibo was slightly surprised but didn't show it. Instead, there was animosity on his face. And his gaze lingered to Zhan's face. Fair skin and untamed dark brown hair, so different from the straight and silky black hair that he admired so much.

Eyes with a shade of the lightest blue he had seen in his entire life and framed by thick dark brown lashes. A Straight or Greek-Shaped Nose and seductive lips that curled at one corner due to holding back a smile. And a freckle across the bridge of his nose that Yibo thinks makes him look like a flirt.

It's exactly opposite to that face that his mind seems to be memorized. Yang Mi had soft jaw, mysterious dark eyes, honeyed skin... and matured looking. And Yibo suddenly think, why he is comparing this boy to her.

When his eyes looked down, his eyebrows frowned when he saw the fine hairs on Zhan's fair arms that he crossed over his chest.

Zhan couldn't contain his amusement and his smile widened. Yibo's eyes narrowed even more.

"What's funny?" he asked annoyed.

"You are funny," Zhan grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "You surveyed me up and down as if I am some kind of merchandise and decided that I am not to your liking..."

"As a matter of fact, you are right," he drawled irritably. At the same time, the image of Charles flashed in his mind as he kissed Zhan while one hand was under his shirt.

Zhan ended up laughing instead of being insulted. "Thanks a lot. I probably am not your type, Wang Yibo. And thank the Gods, you are not mine either. I hate men with brown skin, kind of dirty... yuck," whispered almost the last thing he said and made a face while his eyes sparkled with merriment at the surprise on Yibo's face.

"I'd prefer your father ten times over you. You're nothing like him. Wang Quiren is handsomer, fairer, and responsible..." Zhan added with a smile as he walked to the door of the comfort room and entered.

Yibo was stunned for a moment. The boy knows him. And Chinese, although with an American accent in mandarin. Somehow, he seemed familiar, not because he had seen him in the hospital. He just couldn't think of where else he had seen the boy.

He was back in his chair and reached for the newspaper. "Did you see the person I was talking to earlier?" he asked Haikuan after a while, although he was not looking at his brother but at the newspaper in his hand.

"Yeah, why?'

"Do you know him?"

"I didn't notice. Apart from the distance, the boy was facing you. Why?" Haikuan asked. Yibo shook his head. "Nothing. Some permissive Amerisian..." he whispered as he continued reading. Haikuan reclined the chair and prepared himself for sleep.

Zhan was still thinking when he returned to the chair. The Wang brothers are in the first class, and they are in the economy.

"Dad, did you know that the Wang's are on board?" Zhan asked his father.

"No," Fengmian replied without opening his eyes and remained leaning on the headrest.

He wanted to ask more, but it was better not to. He was surprised that his father had suddenly returned home from China and bring him. When he asked why they were going home, he didn't answer except that he would arrange something, and Zhan had to be with him.

Zhan fastened his seat belt again and prepared himself for a long sleep.