Chapter 9

Destiny, Leah and I had gone over to the new boutique in town in search for a new date outfit, since the one that I was going to wear got swiped by some vampires.

Briefly I had wondered why vampires would need to swipe my clothes, granted I hadn't worn that dress since I tried it on at the store. Though a part of me already knew the answer to that. They needed my scent. For what I didn't know, but I didn't want to scare myself into thinking about the possible outcomes of why they would have needed it.

Besides, I knew I was safe. As much as I didn't trust the Cullen's, I knew they wouldn't let anything happen to Bella or I. They didn't want any other vampires to make people suspicious of them, and were planning on taking care of the issue. That, and Edward didn't want anything to happen to his precious Bella Swan. Which meant, in turn, they had to protect me as well.

"Paul, where are we going?" I laughed as he pulled me along. We were at the beach. Luckily there wasn't many people at the beach during this time, though I had a feeling that he planned for this to happen.

Paul smirks at me, showing off those dimples that I loved so much. "You'll see," he grins, continuing to pull me forward with him. "I decided to do a picnic for our date, since we can't do what we previously planned." He explained when a pink striped picnic beach towel was laid out on the ground, along with a basket. "Emily made the food." He added sheepishly and I laughed, giving him a smirk.

"Did you ask her what to do for our date tonight?" I teased him, laughing when he flushed deeply. Standing up on my tiptoes, I kissed his cheek - causing him to wrap an arm around my waist as he pulls me towards him. "I love it, Paul." I promised him. "And I love you," I pressed a chaste kiss onto his lips, pulling back before he could deepen it any further. "What did Emily make for us?" I asked, excited to get the date started.

Throughout the evening we laughed and talked. A few stolen kisses here and there, some getting more heated than others.

When we were finally done with the food, I gave Paul a bright grin. "That was delicious. I'll have to thank Emily next time I see her!" I beamed, leaning against Paul as he stands up.

"Well the date's not over yet," Paul muses, pulling me forward again. "We have one more stop," he gives me a warm smile as my eyebrows furrow. He continues to lead me down the beach until we stop in front of the house he showed me a few weeks ago.

"Okay? You showed me this already babe," I mentioned with furrowed eyebrows, confused.

Chuckling, he just pulls me forward, brandishing two keys from his pocket. "It's officially done, doll. This one is yours." He hands it to me and I stare at it, open mouthed.

"What?!" I grinned up at him, excitement radiating from my body. "It's done?" Last time he mentioned it he said it was still being worked on, which was two days ago. He had been brimming with pride with how the house was coming along, and I was proud for him. His first place, and hopefully last, all done up.

"It just got finished," he nods with a smirk. "Want a tour?" Nodding my head, he pulls me up to the little porch that already had a small tea table and chairs. I could already see us spending our days out here, just relaxing and talking. A grill sat on the opposite side, and Paul pat it like it was his pet before making jazz hands at the door. "Ladies first," he tilts his head up with a grin.

Rolling my eyes at his cheesy display, I opened the door. A hallway lead us down into the open concept kitchen and living room. The counters were white with tan cabinets. In the living room was a brown matching couch and chair set, along with a wooden coffee table that sat on top of a blue rug. The couch set faces a rather large TV, which sat upon a matching wooden entertainment center - where a console and some games were displayed.

Wooden end tables sat on either side of the couch with shelving space, nothing decorated there yet - though on top of the end tables were matching lamps. "Our bedroom is upstairs," Paul announces behind me and my heart jumps at that, turning to look at him with the most love I could muster for a person as he pulls me up the steep staircase.

Much like my house, there was two bedrooms and a bath in between them. Paul pulls me towards the room on the right, where a king sized bed was already placed, along with blue comforter set being nicely done. A brown dresser sat against one side of the wall, and the bed had two end tables on either side with matching lamps on top. The walls were painted a pale blue and I almost teared up at the thought that this was going to be his - our - home.

"Paul this is..." I trailed off when I turned around, Paul was on one knee holding up a velvet box. My hands flew to my mouth in shock as I watched him give me a nervous look, unsure how this is going to go.

"I know we've only been dating for two months," he began roughly, clearing his throat. "And well... it's given that you're it for me," he gives me a wobbly smile as tears formed into my eyes while he opened the box, revealing a petite looking diamond engagement ring. "So... will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He gives me a look full of hope. "I cannot... I literally cannot imagine you not being there. By my side. And, when this is all over, I want to marry you."

Clearing my throat, I felt tears run down my face. "Yes!" I cried out, flinging myself at him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

Laughing gleefully he peels me off him as he places the ring on my ring-finger. "I wanted to start this room with a memory we'd remember forever, and well, this seemed to be the best thing that came to mind..." He smiles at me, kissing me fully and deeply. "I know we're young, and maybe should wait before putting a date on the wedding... this just felt right."

I cupped his face in my hands, giving him a tear-felt smile. "It would be my honor to be your wife, Paul Lahote." And I meant that with every fiber of my being.

I knew, within my heart and soul, Paul was the one for me. He was it, and nothing would be able to tell me otherwise.