I am his mate, not yours!

Chapter one

Raven's POV

Males. Ugh, by my Senior year of high school, I now disliked them. Who wants to be around a bunch of guys who do nothing but trash talk you? All because the Alpha's son didn't like me for some reason.

The bell rang for lunch. I sighed and walked out of the class room. Damien walked up to me, grinning. I smiled back. Well, not all males are bad. Damien was the Beta's son, and he was my best friend... and possible boyfriend, I guess.

"Ready for lunch?" he asked, his voice eager. I laughed. Males werewolves were always hungry. Couple minutes, and three trays later, we sat down at a table... far away from Stefan, the Alpha's son, and his friends. Damien saw my gaze, and sighed.

"Raven, dear, you really should stop staring. It is annoying think that they get under your skin. Come on, let's have some fun! how about skipping class?" I cocked an eye brow at him.

"Wouldn't your father be angry?"

"Nah, my mom likes you, and my dad listens to her. Come on." He stood, leaving most o the food untouched. I smiled, knowing that here in an hour he would be hungry.

--

We ran together, our bodies slightly touching. His eyes were perked as we ran for his house, which thankfully was a cabin. He barked as we approach, and the door opened, revealing his mother. She was smirking.

"Guess I'll have to bail you out again," she teased, laughing. Damien rubbed his cheek against her leg. She reached down and ran her fingers through my fur. "Good to see you, Raven. It's been to long."

"I agree," I barked.

"Go on in, you two. I have to talk to my mate." I herd Beta groan in the other room as we dashed upstairs. Turning our backs to each other, we shifted back to human; leaving our bodies naked. Now you see the point of turning our backs to each other. I grabbed the bag I kept in his room and pulled on my bikini.

He now wore his swim trunks as I spun around. I LOVE swimming, as did Damien. We slowly walked down the stairs, trying to aviod having to speak to Beta; but of course, Damien accidently kicked the wall, and grunted.

"Son, come in here. You, too, Raven."

"Crap," I muttered. Damien laughed, gently grabbed my hand, and we walked inside the living room.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hi, Beta," I greeted, bowing my head in respect.

"Raven, hope you do not mind, but this about you." My heart froze. Being at the lowest part of the pack, most werewolve hated me. I nodded. "Son, are you and Raven together?" His eyes were locked onto our hands, which were still together.

"Possibly," Damien answered, "why?" Beta sighed.

"He doesn't want your heart ripped out, dear," Sharron, his mom, said, entering the room. We frowned.

"Raven is going to be 17 soon." My heart sunk. They were right. At age 17, werewolves begin to feel a pull towards their mates.

"I'm 17," Damien said, huffing, "and I don't feel anything for anyone else." I held back my smile. We never really spoke about our relationship, and so I was happy to hear him say that. Beta sighed.

"But she might." I shook my head.

"No offence, Beta, but I doubt it. No one else in this pack but the three of you treat me like im a person. The rest treat me like I'm a mutt who needs to die." Damien angryly looked down to his feet. Sharron sighed, looking at her man.

"That's because-"

"Because my father didn't agree with Alpha. I know," I muttered. "Alpha killed my father, and my mother died by your hand while trying to protect Alpha." Beta's eyes grew wide.

"How-"

"I was told. Stefan decided to inform me last time he and I bumbed into each other." I said. Damien looked up at his father.

"I'm going to teach him-"

"Son," Beta said, his voice growing hard, "you know better. But I will speak with Alpha. Stefan should have known better."

"Raven?" I looked at Sharron, nodding for her to go on. "If you know my mate killed your mother, then how can you not react towards him with anger?" I looked down at my hand that Damien held.

"Because he's Damien's father... and my Beta. I have no right." Beta flew to his feet.

"You have every right!"

"Not as pack outcast." Beta had nothing to say to that. Damien growled.

"Can we go now?" Beta nodded as Sharron hugged him. Damien tugged on my hand and I quickly followed him. He jumped right into the water. I sat at the edge, dipping my legs in the water. Yes, it hurt to know that my Beta took my mother's life, leaving me alone, but he gave me Damien... who suddenly popped up between my knees.

"Hey." I looked at him. "Can we forget about five minutes ago? Swim with me?" I let him pull me into the water.

--

Damien's POV

Her face turned up to a smile. God I love that smile. See? That's why I was pretty sure she was going to turn out to be my mate. We swam for about a half an hour before I herd a car pull up. My mother walked out to us, holding two towels.

"Come on, Alpha's here... with Stefan." Raven groaned and pulled her self from the water. I wuickly followed. We toweled off, but didn't change. Their wasn't time.

"How dare you!" a voice roared. I flinched. Damien wrapped an arm around my shoulders. As we entered the living room, Alpha was glaring at his son. Beta saw us, and merely nodded. "I told you to keep that information to your self!" Stefan growled, not backing down.

"I can say what I want, Dad! I will Alpha some day, and that bitch best learn now who's in charge!" That's when he saw us. He glaired at me, then her. "Hear me, you mean nothing!" I growled, my protective side kicking in.

"Don't speak to her like that!" Stefan snarled at me.

"I will speak to that bitch how ever I want. What do you care? She's not your mate!" I held back the urge to flinch.

"I care very much for her, and if nothing else, she is my best friend!" My voice was strong, but my body shook as my wolf demanded to be release. My father may have been Beta, but my mother had pure Alpha blood. If Stefan was deemed unfit, I would take over Alpha because of my blood, which is also why I was perfect pick for Beta.

Stefan looked at his father for help, but Alpha was staring at me. I looked back him, then realized I had over stepped my place. I bowed my head.

"Forgive me, Alpha." He chuckled.

"My son's Alpha blood doesn't compeat with yours." Stefan snarled. I sighed and shook my head.

"No, sir." Alpha looked at Beta.

"Your son is just who I figured he would be." Alpha looked at Raven. "But I must admit, I do not like who he hangs with." Instantly I stepped infront of her. "So you will continue to defend her?"

"Yes."