Chapter 13

Damien's POV

I held my mate close to my chest as I walked up to our house. Her belly was already swallen, and it had been maybe a month since we found out. From her size, we all estimated that we had another month or so until our child was born. I grinned. Never had I imagined being a parent.

"Damien?" I turned and looked at Stefan. In his arms slept his mate. I nodded for him to go on. "I normally wouldn't ask this, but can we crash on your couch? I'm not really in the mood to be bomb barted by my parents." I nodded again.

"Sure, I do believe our couch is big enough. He smiled his thanks and followed me inside. He headed for the living room as I headed upstairs. Raven had been through a lot in the past couple days. After Jacob gave her his Alpha powers over his pack, she had been working over drive, trying to murge our packs. Jacob did ask for one thing: to be Beta for his pack. She, of course, granted him that much.

Raven shifted in my arms, her eyes fluttering open.

You're awake," I murmured, kicking the bed room door closed behind me. She sighed when I sat her down on the bed. Laying back, her hands hooked behind her head. I crawled up behind her, running my own hand over her tummy. I could feel that my pup was growing and healthy. "I wonder if our pup will be male or female."

An emotion crossed Raven's face, but disappeared before I could read it.

"I hope it's a boy." Then I understood. She didn't want a little female, because she didn't want our child to go through anything even close to what she did. I leaned up and kissed her belly.

"Honey, this child, male or female, will have a wonderful life. All of the wolfs in our huge pack seem to love you... and do you think that Stefan, Sofia, or myself would let the little one NOT be spoiled?" I said, grinning. She chuckled.

"No, guess not."

--

Sofia's POV

The sun shown brightly through the room, waking me. I tried to sit up, but realized that pair of arms were wrapped around my waist. Stefan lay sleeping under me. We were laying on a couch, in what seemed to be Raven's house. Why hadn't we gone home?

As I sat there, I smiled softly. The heat had finally calmed about a week ago. Who knew it lasted so long. When I had asked Kathie about it, she said that when a female loves their mate, and if there is enough love coursing through them, sometimes the heat would last longer; because the female body gave the mated pair a longer chance to have pups.

Stefan's sandy blond hair clung to forehead. I reached up and brushed it away. He stirred under me, and his eyes opened.

"Morning," I said softly, an uncontrolable grin curving my lips. He grunted in responce.

"I don't care what time it is... it's too early to be awake." I stood from Stefan, but held his gaze.

"Oh really? Well... I WAS going to go for a run..." He jerked to his feet, then stretched.

"You little sneaker, you KNOW I can't refuse the chance to run with you." Running while wolf beside your mate was one of the most pleaserable things about going wolf.  I smirked and ran for the front door. Ever since Stefan had taught those sessions about fighting, I had become faster then most males. My wolf form may have been about the size of males, but I was able to be as nimble as a female.

By the time he had closed the front door and came outside, I was standing on four paws. My tail wagged behind me. I was anxious to run. He leapt off the porch, landing wolf.

"Well?" he urged. I spun and ran. My paws moved so fast it was like flying, but I made sure to go a speed that Stefan could keep up with. Our bodies quikly began to move insynic. The forrest flew by and we ran throughout all our new land. No one ever bother us, which worked perfectly for us. By the time the sun dipped low, we were hungry.