Part 21: The Confession

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝟒/𝟓/𝟐𝟒

Lance would say that his nerves were not shot, no, no, no, he'd tell you that you have lost your mind if you questioned it- even go as far as deny his anxiety- and tell you that you need sleep. But now, however, his nerves were fucking shot as hell! With the stupid wormhole in such a Galra purple, he couldn't feel the lions, he felt lost... alone... not even Keith was here and he was scared, but not for him, but for Coran. The older Altean was changing physically and mentally every time they went through the wormhole and only he and Allura remained untouched, they didn't change no matter how much they went through the wormhole.

"What are we going to do?" he whispered, his tone showed that he was scared. "I don't know, but I'm trying," Lance wanted the lions back, he felt so emptily alone, like a piece of him was blocked off as if he lost connection with something, or someone.

The lions referred to him as their Pride Mate, and he hasn't really had the time nor availability to ask them why they called him that, and why he, as a Paladin of one lion, could hear all of them. What did being in a pack mean exactly, and the words Blue said the first time he saw her in that cave, "Welcome Back Old Friend," her words always rang in his head, he never understood how or what she meant by that. Old friend, he always questioned if he knew her previously, but he didn't see how it was possible, when he basically had little to no memory of his early childhood.

"Lance, do you think we can get out of this?" Allura wanted to collapse to her knees, she didn't know how to get them out and they were running out of time, "I don't know..." what do they do...

The force outside the castle made the ship shake and Lance stumbled, "Okay um, we just- we just need a signal, something, anything," as he went on he whispered the last of it, he was starting to sound doubtful now. Oh no, his anxiety kicked in.

"Coran, stop that!" the banging sound and Lance jolted while Allura looked fairly annoyed, Coran was now a small child, and he kept going like this every time they went through the wormhole. Allura's guess, if Coran went through the wormhole a few more times, he may cease to exist.

A baby wail made Lance rush to Coran who was now a baby, "Oh no..." with Coran now in this state, she had to really hurry, typing in anything that could help, possibly anything that might get them out of here and save Coran. "Allura," looking at him she saw his panic, as he cradled Coran in his arms, "Hurry..." she was trying, oh please don't let them lose Coran. Spitting out his pacifier, he said, "Poopie!" Lance deadpanned, Allura did too.

Allura gasped, and Lance looked to her with Coran in his arms, "We have a signal!" She hurriedly input the coordinates into the castle and a blue wormhole overlapped the Galra purple one, sending the castle flying through the blue one instead of the purple one. Around them surrounded by the Space darkness and white stars and distant planets. "We did it! We're out!" Allura smiled and then they heard snoring, Coran opened his eyes while being in Lance's arms and he was definitely back to normal. "Mum?" Lance deadpanned, Allura was surprised at the strength he held when he was by far probably the most fragile of all the team. Lance dropped him, placing a hand on one of his hips, "Not even close," he said and Coran fell onto the floor with a groan. "Ow! You could have put me down nicely," Coran pouted as he got to his feet, "After all the trouble you caused in the wormhole? No, not happening," Lance said flatly and Allura sweatdropped.

"I see you guys got my signal," Lance turned to the big feed with Pidge, "Pidgey! You're okay, do you know how worried I've been? I will kick your ass if you do that again!" Lance yelled at her, "Right, right, sorry" she apologized even though it wasn't at all her fault. "Thank you for sending that signal, we were stuck in a time loop," Allura smiled, "Oh your welcome, plus it wasn't just me, they helped," Lance was amazed, "Aw they're so cute! And fluffy!" Pidge laughed.