Part 4: The Garisson

A/N: Yeah, here's a time skip, to the time he goes to the Garisson. However, I will explain somethings but that just may be explained in the chapters, btw how am I doing? Things making a bit more sense now or is still jumbled? Genuine question really. Also there may be a few time skips and a few scenes that feel random but it's important details that will be explained possibly more in detail when that chapter gets written. And I'm hoping to reach the same chapter amount like I did in the old version I'm excited! So, ye, also I feel like these chapter titles are gonna be the death of me THIS IS WHY I DON'T DO CHAPTER NAMES JUST A PART NUMBER OR CHAPTER NUMBER SO MUCH EASIER BUT ALSO CONFUSING AT THE SAME TIME WHEN YOU WANNA REVIEW A CERTAIN SCENE 😭

But you can't say I didn't try, I mean it's a bit better then just immediately jumping from earth scene to in the castle scene without what led up to it. Maybe... Possibly... Right? I need answers!

-----------

Mrs. McClain soon shipped Lance off to the Garisson, but he was scared, and alone at that. He was expected to pass the exam and was given orders, orders that make him terrified to his core. He didn't want the same thing to happen as a few years ago, he never wanted that to happen again. Somone who's cared for him for as long as he could remember was now gone and he's scared. 

He took a breath while surrounded with other kids to take the exam, he had to pass, he just had too. He prayed his prayer would actually help him this time, it didn't help him a few years ago when he was given his status, but he hopes it helps him this time. "Next! I'm looking for Lance McClain" he gulped and made his way forward with a few low "Excuse me please" and he was soon at the front, nervous that he now had attention on him. His examiner as he called them was Takashi Shirogane, one of the youngest pilots to travel to Jupiter's moon. The guy was a legend in Lance's book. He offered Lance a gentle smile that he hesitantly returned, "For this exam you'll be doing a simulator, the goal is to reach level 10 if you can, but most don't make it past the third level" he explained in a stern calm tone that Lance felt a little ease with him, and his aura was a calm mix of a lilac pink with white. He was a nice person from what he could tell. "I-is there anything else I should know?" he asked with hesitance, if he passed then this would be his superior, his boss. "Nope, all you need to do is pass the simulator until I say stop" he said and gestured to the simulator that was behind him. 

Oh man his nerves were being terrible right now. He took a breath while urging himself not to panic and stepped inside the simulator while the doors behind him closed, he gulped nervously and walked and took a seat in the only available seat in the room. 

This was his small chance of freedom from his house, he had to take it.

Grabbing the given controls, the screen lit up and he began, seems the goal was to avoid the asteroids. He could do that, Veronica taught him about space games where you fight aliens and destroy a ship by blasting it. This was different but he got the hang of it, and he was soon at level 8, it felt natural to him almost. A good feeling. He didn't realize he even reached damn near level 15 until a hand came on his shoulder, he jolted with a shriek and quickly turned around to see Takashi behind him with a small look of concern at his shriek. Lance sheepishly gulped and let go of the controls and his sleeves covered his hands, he really needed to grow a bit. "U-um, hi, did I pass?" timidly asking the question, Takashi seemed it was best to not think much on the shriek he got from the small boy and gestured to the screen showing Lance that he went passed the goal to level 15 and he could hear many mummers of surprise behind him with the open doors. "You passed kid, nice job. Many have slim chances on passing before they crash into an asteroid, I know one other who's also skilled in Piloting. I think you two will get along great. Welcome to the Garisson" Lance felt like he could cry out in relief right here and now, he did it. 

"Where do I go now?" asking as Takashi moved so he could get up out of the seat, I'll direct you once we leave the simulator and I call up the next person" he pat his shoulder lightly and went ahead with Lance following him, Takashi was now his boss. And now he had to try making sure that no Alphas or Betas found out he was an Omega, he's going to forbid anyone from knowing.

Time to finally escape his family. 

----------

10/17/23