𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: babies

Don't play song yet.

ANGER rushed over me as I saw my mother standing in front of me, the woman I never wished to see again was standing right in front of Marciano

ANGER rushed over me as I saw my mother standing in front of me, the woman I never wished to see again was standing right in front of Marciano. No, no, no, no. Not her, please anybody but her.

"Hi..Diamond." Hi? You haven't seen me in sixteen years and that's all you can say? I scoff and walk away from her. I hear Marci say something to her before lightly closing the door and following me upstairs.

When we get to our room he shuts the door lightly again, as if anything could set me off in this moment. When his hands touch my shoulders I flinch at first but,  I relax quickly at his touch. He kisses my neck, not sexually, but as a way of assurance. "Are you okay, amore mio?" I nod.

"I'm just...frustrated, I want to have a relationship with my mom, I really do, but I don't want to get close to her just for her to leave me again." He nods.

"Do you want to try and reconcile your relationship with your mother?" I nod. "Then try, and if you get a bad feeling then stop trying." I feel tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"It feels like everyone is always leaving. I don't want to go through that with her again." Turns me around to cup my cheeks.

"I'm never going to leave you, whether she does or not, I'll always be here for you, and I need you to trust me when I say that." I nod.

"I love you, Marci."

"I love you so much, sapphire."

_____________________________________

My mom left not too long ago and now me and Marci are at our first ultrasound appointment. Marci keeps smiling, I can tell he's happy. The nurse rubs the gel on my stomach, while the doctor stands at the monitor, when the screen comes on the doctor makes a noise. "What's wrong?" Marci says something first.

"I've never...wow." What is it?

"This is a rare occurrence and we'll need to do something testing." Spit it out what is it.

"What is it?" She points to the monitor.

"What are you trying to show me?"

"The amount of babies there are."

"I only see one."

"Nope, it's three." Oh okay.

Hold up...

THREE? I'm not even sure I can push out one, lets alone three. I shake my head. I look at him "I can't, not three, I just I can't." I'm literally going to cry. Marci cups my cheeks.

"Diamond, it's okay, everything's going to be fine. You don't need to worry about anything. Just try and stay positive about this, I'll be right there next to you, we'll get through it, my love." I nod but I can't say that I'm assured.