𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: family

HONESTLY, I don't want to see Marciano's family, at least not his dad's side of the family

HONESTLY, I don't want to see Marciano's family, at least not his dad's side of the family. I know his mom's side of the family is very open-minded. But I haven't met his dad's side of the family. I don't have any idea what they're like, so I'll try to be cheerful but I'm not really excited for this trip.

Every year Marciano's family goes on a two-week long vacation somewhere, and this year it's to the Caribbean. Me and Marciano are staying in his home there where his parents and grandparents are staying. Rosalie's parents are Laurel and Xavier. His dad, Marcos' parents are Salma and Pedro.

Marciano and I are already at the house and in bed, and he's drifted off to sleep because he was up all night working on contracts and he had to handle an issue with one of his suppliers. I need to use the bathroom. I try to get up but his arm wraps around my waist and holds me down tightly. "Where are you going, Hermosa?" His voice is so raspy right now. "I have to pee."

"Hold it."

If I hold it I'm gonna pee my pants. "If you make me hold it I'm gonna get kidney failure." He still doesn't let me go.

"I'll pay for your treatments."I stare at him in disbelief. I try to pull his arm off me but I don't have any luck.

"Marci." He hums "Let me go." He holds me tighter "please, baby." He slowly removes his arm and I get up. He's such a big baby. I didn't tell him this but I got my period a couple of days ago and I didn't want him to wake up with a blood stain on his thigh.
____________________________________

"I'm scared to meet your grandparents, are they nice?" me and Marciano are still in bed waiting for everyone to get here.

"They're....opinionated." So racist?

"So why did you invite them?" I say sitting up to look at him. Why would he invite 'opinionated' people over when he knows how they feel about black people?

"I didn't invite them, I won't put you in a position where you're uncomfortable and can't express how you feel. Diamond, I love you and I want to make sure you feel comfortable and safe, if you want we can stay somewhere else, But I want you to trust that if they say something disrespectful I'll handle it and get you out of that situation, Okay?" I just nod because if I say anything else I'm going to tear up.

He kisses me and pulls me onto his chest. "I love you so much, Marci."

"I love you too, Sapphire."
____________________________________

"So, Diamond what do you do for a living?" Salma asks me randomly. We're sitting at the dinner table and since she's never met me, she's curious.

"I'm an influencer and model." Here comes the criticism.

"So you...post videos of yourself?" I nod.

"Well, that's interesting. Can I ask you a question? and please tell me if this is disrespectful" Now Laurel is asking questions. I mean I guess. I nod again. "Does your hair take a long time to manage? I mean I can imagine with all those beautiful cultural patterns that it takes a lot of time and effort." I like her question. I like how she worded it, making sure to be respectful while asking it.