Chapter 8: How fun

Crunch!!

I cringe as I watch King Foltest messily devour a piece of pork. Pieces of pork and its juices smothered all around face, making his already greasy face more greasy. Which kinda reminds me of Lambert when he eats, making me wanna puke I return my gaze back towards the window. Currently we were in the kings dining room, with the King eating away, while me and Geralt stood on the side. Him standing behind the witch, while I sat on the windowsill looking down at the frosted kingdom. Our cloaks were gone showing our armor, Geralt in his classic black leather armor with silver studs embedded into the leather. While I wore my black leather armor with my brown corset that was lined with silver studs. My raven hair was pulled up in a messy ponytail with a few framing pieces down my face, showing my ruby red eyes in view. As I looked out at the snow covered kingdom, all I wanted was to cure this creature as soon as possible and leave. A bit worried for Scout since I just left her in front of the mine, and when we were being escorted our she was gone, I hope shes fine.

"Miss Merigold, you were dispatched to settle a family affair, not to enlist mutant mercenaries for a game of sleuthing." the Kings commander, oh sorry captain, states. Making me scoff at the word mutant, at least call me a beautiful one.

"This is no game, Captain. Tonight is a full moon, Negra and Geralt has already proved themselves to be invaluable. We believe we can cure the creature." The witch argues, while the king continues to eat.

"You say she's a girl. Then you will refer to her as Her Royal Highness." The Captain inquires. In which the prick from last night walks over.

"Segelin, I believe urgency warrants flexibility in court decorum." He slithers into the captains ear like a snake.

"The witcher's theory is nonsense. Princess Adda was the people's angel. Who'd wish to murder her?" The captain quesitons.

"What about her lover?" I ask from the windowsill, causing eyes to be on me. While I look at the king and see he stops eating for a moment. Staring down at his food as if hes about to throw up. I look at Geralt and he looks at me, silently agreeing to what I saw.

"Seditious rumors. Idle courtesans trading out boredom for jealousy." The captain defends, making me scoff.

"Perhaps if you called off your guards, if we were able to search the abandoned castle, could find clues as to who cursed her." The witch pressures, I look over at the king again and see him fiddle with his food and his chair. Clearly uncomfortable with this talk about his now discovered niece, or maybe daughter?

"Except this witcher would kill the princess as she sleeps, and collect the miners coin." The Captain states again, making me groan at his annoyance.

"Call her a princess. Call her a unicorn if you'd like to. She grew inside Adda, feeding on her petrified womb" Geralt starts aiming to get a rise out of the king, to see his reaction. Causing me to smirk a bit, jumping down from the windowsill to stand next to Geralt.

"have you no respect?" the captain started but I cut him off as I made my way towards the king slowly.

"Mutating. Growing for years till she got so hungry, she was forced to slither out. Rotten muscle" I started to list off, in which Geralt does the same. Us listing off back and forth

"Bent bones."

"Two spidery legs."

"Claws dragging in the dirt"

"An overgrown abortion."

"Enough" the king cracks, his form shaking makes me smirk. Got him! He then orders us to leave, in which Geralt and I began to make our way towards the door. Geralt looks down at me, I nod knowing what he was planning. Geralt opens the doors, letting the witch and the prick in first, while I sneak behind the captain. When the captain stops to let Geralt go first, I kick him in the arse. Forcing him out onto his ass, in which Geralt quickly slams the door shut and locking it. With the guards shouting for the door to open, it was just me, Geralt, and the Greasy king.