Chapter 2: The Butcher of Blaviken

^(steel sword)

The sound of birds and insects appears around me as i felt a crispy cold wind brush around my arms and dance through my hair. Squinting my eyes i'm met with bright light causing me to blink a few times, adjusting my eyes. Looking around I see that I am in the woods, that seems to be entering winter, with freshly fallen snow that laid across the ground and covering the trees bare branches. My warm breath makes a visible cloud as I sighed, and the cold wind brushes against my arms. Usually the cold doesn't bother me, but considering that I'm in nothing but my back shirt and a pair of pants, it's getting to me.

Shivering, I place my hands to my mouth to warm them before rubbing them up and down my arms. Trying to get my arms warmed up, as I walked deeper into the woods. I walked for a while before I heard faint voices coming from my right. Slowly I walk towards the sound, making sure to conceal my presence as I do so.

"on...run..supposed to run towards someone, but instead i'm running from someone else." It was a young voice, not as innocent as a child but as a teenager. Keeping to the bushes, I see it was a young girl crouched against a small fire, with a royal blue cloak covering her shivering frame. Across from her was a young boy that was munching on what looked like a cooked rat. Her hair was covered in mud, but you could still see the pure whiteness hiding from underneath.

Soon the boy left, probably to find more food for them, giving me the chance to get closer towards her. Curious on why I am dreaming about this girl. As I get closer, I feel a sense of familiarity towards her like I know her somehow. With that feeling, I stand up from my hiding spot and made my way towards her. She tenses up, feeling my presence as she quickly turns around to me, giving me the chance to see her face. My gaze softens as I gaze upon the girl, I raise my hands up showing that I'm defenseless. Yet her shoulders stay tense as her eyes still hold fear, this girl must have been through hell. Walking up to her, I kneel down to meet her height looking over her, trying to fit her face somewhere.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'll do whatever you want, just don't hurt me or my friend." She pleads, in which I just smile at her. Not one of those evil smiles that witches give, but a friendly one that says I'm not going to hurt you. Slowly lifting my hand up to her face, she flinches at first, but relaxes as I move a piece of her mud covered hair behind her ear. Then something in me made me whisper something in her ear.

"Find us." I whispered, my brows furrowed as I look at her in confusion not sure why i said that. Before she could ask, I am pulled away from the dream.

**

Shooting out of my sleep, I try to catch my breath. Looking around my surroundings, I'm back in my room at the inn. Placing my hand upon my head I wipe my forehead, feeling my cold sweat on my hand. While with my other I run it through my raven hair, trying to calm my breathing. Taking another breath I calm my breathing, who was the girl and why does she seem familiar. Shaking away the dream, I get up from bed and began to do my morning routine.

After washing the sleep from my face and cleaning my teeth, I began to braid my hair. Deciding to put it in a braid to keep it away from my face, before putting my armor and gear on. Placing the last buckle in place, I place my cloak around my shoulder and put my hood up, before grabbing my silver and steel swords. Strapping them on each side of my waist, before releasing the spell on the door and heading out.

Walking down the stairs of the inn, I walk up to the barmaid and place 10 pieces of coins as payment and my thanks. She looks at me with a bright smile, before thanking me. With that I left the inn, and began to walk over to Scout. Who neighed in joy to see me, nudging her head to mine, making me laugh.

"I was only gone for a night, girl. I swear your more clingy than Eskal." I jested before walking over to untie her. Just as I was about to untie the rope, I heard a series of yelling and swords clanging coming from an ally. I pat scout in the neck, letting her know that I would be back before running towards the sound. Having a bad feeling in my gut.