Chapter 5: Devil?

^(scout)

We have been walking for quite a while, finding this devil that we are meant to kill. Geralt got tired of walking and rode on Roach leaving the bard on foot. Seeing it as punishment for bringing up our past, as if punching him in the but wasn't enough. I was ahead looking over the bushes and rocks trying to find anything out of the ordinary, which left Geralt behind to listen to the chatty bard.

"Reading between the lines and the gut punches, chum, I'd say you two have got a bit of a...an Image problem." The bard starts again, in which I smile as I look back to see Geralt roll his eyes.

"Were I to join you on this..feat to defeat the devil of Posada, I could relieve you of that title. All the North would be too busy singing the tales of ... Geralt of Rivia, the-the White Wolf or-or something." He begins, making me let out a laugh,

"I like that one!" I yelled back at them

"And for you Negra of Erlenwald, the-the Red Eyed Raven." He comes up with my new name. Huh I do like the sound of that, as a nice ring to it,

"Butchers right." Geralt states, trying to get him to shut up.

"I do like that, but it would have to be Kaer Morhen. Since I was born and raised there." I stated, in which the Bard nods in agreement.

"By the way what is your name? I can't keep calling you Bard in my head." I asked.

" I am Julian Alfred Pankratz, Viscount of Lettenhove, at your service." He answers.

"Ohhhh, your Dandelion! I've heard of you from the mouths of many women who would love to string up your balls." I yelled back with a smile on my face. In which he laughs nervously

"haha, well thats what I am called, but my real name is Julian Alfred Pankratz." He states.

"Mmm, nah I'll call you Dandelion." I stated, continuing forward. Looking forward, I see a strange looking canyon that looked big enough to make homes. I get down from Scout and took off my cloak, folding it up and placing it into one of my bags on Scout. Revealing my two swords that still hung on both sides of my waist. Knowing how messy this could get, I flip my hair down and put it up into a messy bun, securing it tightly with a piece leather.

Hearing Geralts footsteps behind me, he gives me a look that tells me that he would go first. I sighed and nodded. I give Scout a kiss on her head before following Geralt, with Dandelion trailing behind.

"Geralt? Wh-Where are you going? Geralt, don't Leave me. Negra, tell Geralt to wait." He complains, I look at him and shrug. Geralt does as he pleases.

"What are we looking for again?" Dandelion asks.

"Blessed silence." Geralt response, there was a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I don't really go in for that. Have you ever hunted a devil before?"

"Devils don't exist."

"Right. Obviously. Then uh...Then what are we doing?"

"Sometimes there's monsters, sometimes there's money. Rarely both. That's the life" Geralt replies, slowly creeping being wary of his surroundings. That was until a small projectile almost hit his head. Well it left a scratch. I look at him with worry,as I walk up at him, and pulling his head towards me so I can see the damage. He was bleeding a bit, it should heal in a day or two.

"Act Two begins!" Yells Dandelion, excitement running through his veins. While I look at Geralts injury, when my eyes meet his, my gaze softens. While his does too, we looked at each other for a bit, till I break away and look at the pebble that hit geralt. I pick it up and look at it, curious on how it could launch that fast.