My sexy older next door neighbour chapter 6

Rach's POV:

It was someone I never thought I'd see in my Mum's car....Shane.

"Hi Shane, what are you doing here?" I said, looking between him and Mum.

"My car broke down and your Mum was passing by.....A stroke of luck really". Shane replied, smiling.

Yeah, luck on his part, bad luck on my mother's. Mum totally hates his guts! 

"Oh, ok then, Mum are we taking Shane to his house?" I asked sweetly.

"Yeah Rach, he's got to get ready for his big date tonight." Mum replied smug.

Pretty damn smug if you ask me. She always hated the fact that we were together, and the day I ended the relationship she took me out to a celebratory dinner, glad I was no longer with him.

Mum always said to me that I should dump him, and that he was going to come out of the closet one day. She always wanted me to do way better than him.

Little did she know that he wasn't all that he seemed. He was always so sweet to me, would never hurt a fly. Those are the the things that I thought I loved about him....until Shane raped me.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

2 months previously

Rachael was getting ready for Uni, she was finishing her last year from high school in a Uni course. During her morning ritual she started getting chest pains. Nothing too unusual, she got them from time to time, but this time it lasted longer. Just as she started to panic, they suddenly stopped, as quick as they came.

That was weird, she thought.

Rach shrugged it off and did her usual uni day: 2 hours of computer studies, maths, language and then home time.

When Rach got home, the phone suddenly rang, breaking her out of her daze.

She moved uneasily towards it, picking it up out of the cradle.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rach, is your Mum there?"Came the shaky voice on the other end

"Nah, shes at work, whats the matter Aunty?" I replied, frowning.

"Nanna passed away this morning" Came a sob from my Aunty Jen

"What?!" I choked out, tears forming in my eyes.

"Yeah, she had a heart attack and died this morning". Came the wail on the other end.

We both had a good cry and then we said our goodbyes.

How the hell was I supposed to tell Mum?!?

I waited until she came home, took her shoes off and had her first beer. 

She sighed and then looked at me dead in the eye. "What is it Ray?" She asked, completely serious.

"Mum, you aren't going to like it." I warned, shaking my head.

"You aren't pregnant are you!" Mum demanded.

I burst out laughing, I couldn't help it. "oh, Mum how I wish that were true right now, instead of what I have to tell you." I sighed.

"Mum.." I said whilst coming closer to her, and holding her hands "Nanna passed away this morning." I finished quietly, whilst pulling her into a hug and feeling her sob into my shoulder.

It was the most heart-wrenching thing, seeing someone as emotionally strong as your mother burst into tears and looking so vulnerable. I felt as though my heart was breaking, seeing her look so upset was so horrible, especially because it was what I said that made her break down.

It was so painful watching her, I had even shed a few tears not only because of Nanna, but because of the pain it was putting my mother through.

After a few more minutes, my mother asked "How did it happen?"

"She had a heart attack this morning". I replied quietly.

"How did you find out?"

"Aunty Jen rang me this afternoon".

"You poor thing, having to carry this burden all afternoon, breaking it to your poor mother". She wailed.

"Mum, I'm ok really, I just needed to make sure you had someone to tell you face to face,with someone there for you, rather than you hearing it over the phone''. Rach murmured. 

"Now, we have to arrange for us to go to the funeral" I replied, taking charge.

I then went onto the internet and made the arrangements needed.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

After the funeral

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Ugh! three days straight on a bus is NOT good for your back!

At least Shane was picking us up, I thought with a smile, it had been almost 9 months since I started dating him, and things were getting pretty serious, we were contemplating moving in together as it would benefit both of us getting out of our parent's houses.

3 REALLY long hours later......................

Finally we had arrived back in town!!! I could see Shane at his car, practically jumping up and down he was so excited! I swear, he was like a damned puppy!

Mum groaned as soon as she saw him running up to me and I giggled, she was not a fan of PDA.

I gave Shane a big kiss and listened to him complain how much he missed me. I agreed a week was way to long to be apart and we put both mine and Mum's bags in the car.

He drove us home and just as I was about to bring the last of my bags inside, Shane asked if I could stay over. I quickly agreed and told Mum that I was sleeping at Shane's tonight.

Mum just rolled her eyes and went inside the house. I shrugged and then hopped back inside Shane's car, headed for his house at Humpty Doo.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Well, thats all for now, I will probably upload either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm kinda tired now lol

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Vote

Comment 

Fan

Please??

:)

<3 Ash xx