Twenty

The giant crowd of heroes ran and flew forward, straight for Thanos and his army. Loki and Freya ran together, hand in hand. "Do me a favor, Loki."

"What?"

"Don't use daggers."

"I learned my lesson, my dear." Loki's eyes glowed bright green as he summoned a flaming sword. Freya flew, keeping ahold of him, and let him slay some creatures on the way down to the ground. "You're doing amazing, love." He complimented, blue blood of Proxima Midnight, a child of Thanos, splattering his face.

A thud was heard as Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch landed. She set her red glowing eyes on Thanos. "You took everything from me." She hissed. Thanos scoffed and responded, "I don't even know who you are." Wanda tilted her head and calmly said, "You will." She began to tear his armor off, piece by piece before Thanos yelled, "Rain fire!!"

"But sire...our troops!"

"Just do it!" Thanos yelled in pain. Wanda would have finished him if it wasn't for the bullets raining down on the heroes. Then, the bullets began flying up in the atmosphere. Freya and Loki both looked up. "What's going on?" She asked. "Something just entered the upper atmosphere," she heard Tony say through their comms. They both looked up and saw something ripping through Thanos' ship. A bright yellow glow...no, it couldn't be. Freya's eyes brightened. "Carol!"

She landed next to Freya, giving her a tight hug. "Hey, kid. How're you doing?" She winked. Freya nodded, tired from fighting, but she knew she had to go on. Carol flew over to Peter P, and took the Infinity Gauntlet from him. Freya saw the group of women gathering, protecting the Gauntlet, and she joined them. Along with Loki, who had assumed his rarely seen female form. lady loki you are literally mommy.

They blasted and fought their way through Thanos' army, before somehow, Thanos got hold of the Gauntlet. He smiled wickedly and said, "I am...inevitable." He tried snapping, but nothing happened. He looked down, and saw...there were no stones. Thanos looked to his left and saw Tony, on his knees. He had the Nanotech gauntlet attached to his arm. "And I...am...Iron Man." With that, he snapped.

Thanos and his army began to disappear into dust, never to be seen again. Tony slumped against a piece of debris, barely breathing. Peter P and Pepper approached him, Peter in tears. "Mr. Stark...Mr. Stark, we won...Mr. Stark... Tony--" he cried over the hero. Pepper approached him and placed a hand to his cheek. "FRIDAY?" she asked the ai. "Life functions critical." She knew what FRIDAY meant. Tony was dying. "We'll be okay. You can rest now," she calmly said, assuring Tony that her and Morgan would do alright. And with that, the light on his suit faded to black and Tony took his last breath.

Loki approached the now deceased Tony and took a knee, a few tears leaving his cheeks. "I'm sorry, Stark," he whispered. Freya and the others followed, getting on one knee for Tony. He had saved the universe.

A few days later, at the cabin where Pepper and Morgan resided, the Avengers gathered for his funeral. The Guardians, the members of the original Avengers that remained, Loki, Freya, Bucky, Peter P and Aunt May, Carol, Bucky, Sam and Rhodes along with Happy, and Nick Fury were there. Wanda and Harley stood in the back. He was truly beloved. Pepper and Morgan walked down the dock as she let go of a wreath with his original arc reactor in the middle float down the river.

That evening, Loki, Thor and Freya sat on the dock, watching the sunset. "I wish there was a way we could tell her. Tell her that we won." Loki kissed her forehead. "She knows. They all do."

"You think Frigga would be proud?"

"She would be the proudest of you, little dove," Loki said in a whisper. They leaned against each other as the sun went down over the trees, and as the stars appeared in the sky. It was over.