Chapter 8.5 : Meeting the family

Titus's Pov

My pod came crashing down near a house.

When I emerged, I saw a small family scared in front of me. The father holding his weapon towards me.

Titus: Sorry, I landed in your yard I'll leave now.

I pick up my pod and walk toward where my wife might be.

Macaque's Pov

I am resting in a tree after a full day of training. I think back to a night way too long ago.

Flashback

Macaque has his head in his hands trying to keep his weakness from showing.

I was walking and noticed a group of Huntsmen and huntresses.

I scowl, these people will never leave me alone.

Most of the team goes off in different directions. But the girl in the middle stays there sitting down.

???: If I had known how long this mission would last I would have packed a better snack

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a peach. My eyes widen, it had been months since I had one of those.

I try to make a shadow portal to reach and grab the fruit but as I reach for it the woman reaches for her Scroll.

We clasp hands and look at each other. I then notice her beautiful silver eyes. 

???: Who are you?!

She says as she jumps back into combat position.

Macaque: Calm down human I just noticed your peach and I-

GROWL!

An Ursa sneaks up behind the lady.

I quickly bring out my spiked staff and smack it in the face.

The Ursa backs up a little but charges any way.

The woman then gets her weapon in Axe mode and decapitates the beast.

I sigh and sheath my staff.

Macaque: My name is Macaque what's yours?

???: Me? I'm Su-

Flashback end

Luna: Dad!

I awake from my flashback and notice my daughter by the tree I was sleeping on.

Macaque: What is it Luna? I was taking a nap.

Luna: I saw a man who looked like Y/n but older!

I arch an eyebrow but as I walk to where I can see the path there is indeed a man there. His resemblance to Y/n is uncanny.

 His resemblance to Y/n is uncanny