Episode 7: Burning the candle

Articho's Pov

I am sitting in a forest healing from my battle wounds. That low class was stronger than I thought. I'll have to pull out my A game for the next fight.

After eating the spoils of some game, I killed I rest my head on a log and close my eyes.

???: My son.

My eyes shot right open! I know that voice.

Articho: Father?

I then see the ghostly image of my father across from me.

King Vegeta: My son, I have come from beyond the grave to tell you something

I kneel to show respect to my father.

Y/n: What is it father?

King Vegeta: Your rival, Y/n has revived our planet.

My eyes widen. I clench my fists.

Articho: Damn him!!! Now I owe him! But wait, why aren't you revived?

King Vegeta sighed and looked to the stars.

King Vegeta: I wasn't on the planet when it was destroyed. I was confronting Frieza on his ship. However, he cheap shotted me and took my life.

Articho: Well, who shall lead our people?

My father put his ghostly hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

King Vegeta: Articho, I know when you were a child, I was harsh towards you. But I only did it because I knew your brother was uninterested in becoming a king and I needed someone to take up the slack. For most of the Saiyan race, we have only been prideful of our own strength and battles, but I am proud of you.

I feel the world around me start to lose form and I look to my father.

Articho: Father? Wait NO!

King Vegeta: My time has come. My son come here.

I then am pulled into a hug by him.