Chapter 14

David in mm (he's sooooooo cute!)
Keisha POV

Today was officially Sunday and I was ready to head to church, then lay around all day. I hadn't heard from Jas last night, so I was hoping she'd be at church today. I wanted to know if I had officially screwed up, or brought together a great match.

I hopped out of bed and pulled my outfit for church, in mm on the right, and laid it out. I went to clean up in the bathroom, but stopped short when my phone chimed.

Jas: We need to talk.

Me: Is something wrong? Are you going to church today?

Jas: No it's not you so much, and what we have to discuss is not to be told on church grounds...

Me: Well you wanna come over after church?

Jas: Yeah I'll be there.

I tossed my phone back to the bed and headed to the shower. What was so important that she couldn't speak of it on church grounds? Did she kill Kaden!?! OMG I know she's crazy, but not that crazy. After cleaning up, I headed back out and pulled on my underwear before pulling on my outfit. I grabbed my phone and placed it in my bag before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good Morning." I state before fixing a plate and sitting on a stool beside daddy.

"Morning pumpkin." My dad says before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Morning baby. When did you get in last night? I wanted to hear about Jasmine's date."

"Oh I had gotten tired last night and came home. She messaged me this morning and she's coming over to tell me about it." I partially lie. Because I really did come home.

"Jas was on a date last night?" My brother asked.

"Yeah..."

"With who?" Why do you wanna know?

"A good friend of mine, he's a sweet and overly nice guy. A one woman guy to be exact. I need someone to calm her wild exterior."

"Why would you go and do that?"

"Why you asking all them questions?" I gave my Emmanuel Hudson face and he laughed.

"Just asking."

"Alright you guys we have to go. Don't want to be late to church." My dad announced standing to grab his keys. We all headed out to the SUV and hopped in heading to church.

Once we made it there, they were still having Sunday school so we waited outside in the holding area. The door to the church opened again and I saw Jas and her mom and dad walk in. She pulled away from them and came over to me and grabbed my hands.

"I have something BIG to tell you." She whispered.

"Wait, so I'm guessing you and Kaden hit it off?"

"Yeah we hit it off alright." I gave her a confused look, "I'll tell you after church."

"Ok I also have something to tell you." She eyed me suspiciously before nodding. The doors to the main church opened and we all found our way in during the break. Me and Jas sat by each other, with her on my left and my brother on my far right. Our parents were in front of us.

I was talking quietly to Jas when I felt the chair dip beside me. A tap fell upon my shoulder and me and Jas gave the source our attention. I gasped softly when I saw David sitting right beside me with a bright smile on his face. I looked over his body, admiring the suit that fit him oh so well.