Phase I. : Chapter VI.

Two weeks later...

Real Love by Mary J. Bilge blares throughout the two story row home. The crowd grows hype and pack the floor taking the floor to dance. Others were either smoking or having conversations amongst themselves around the home. Bud sips her drink from the red plastic cup, bobbing her head to the music. It's what she's done most of the night, not really in the head space to converse with anyone. Her best friend Tracy takes her hand to lead her to the dance floor but she holds back. She drinks the last of her drink and sits the cup down, following Tracy to the floor. She knew she wasn't going to let her leave without one dance. One of their peers are throwing a party. Exam week came to a close and a party just felt right to end the stressful week. Bud wanted to decline but her friend eventually convinced her. She had a horrible break up with her ex and then crammed all week for the exams. A party with her friend and peers was needed. Bud does the cabbage patch causing Tracy to laugh and follow along. Tracy then begins to vogue and Bud couldn't help but laugh and follow in pursuit. They do this for the next few songs until the dj switches to something more subtle. Couples rush to the floor, pushing the singles out the way. Bud and Tracy both frown as they stumble back towards the counter.

"Dag. Y'all can say excuse me. Rude ass people." Tracy frowns, rolling her eyes at a guy who looks in her direction. He laughs and flips her off causing her to do the same.

"Act your age not your shoe size." Bud snickers, reaching for another clean cup to get some punch.

"Tell that to him. He started it. All hugged up with that hoe Latisha." Tracy frowns.

"Who?" Bud questions as she sips her drink.

"Bobby's ass." Tracy waves off, taking the red cup Bud extends to her.

"Y'all always teasing one another. Just go together already." Bud waves off.

"He plays too many games. I want something real Bud. Something like what Orchid and Mason have." Tracy fantasizes, placing a hand over her heart. Bud rolls her eyes while drinking her punch. She couldn't understand why anyone wants what her sister has. She and Mason weren't even in love when they got married. At least that's how Bud seen it.

"If only y'all knew." Bud mumbles and rest her cup on the counter in front of her.

"What?" Tracy frowns.

"Nothing. What time is it?" Bud questions, finishing off her drink. Tracy pulls back the sleeve to reveal her watch.

"It's ten thirty. Why, you ready to go?" She asks and Bud nods.

"I am. This was nice but I'm ready to go to bed. I got a whole weekend to sleep in and I don't want to miss not one second." She stresses.

"I don't think you going to be sleeping alone." Tracy smirks, nodding her head to the two gentleman maneuvering through the crowd.

"Doesn't look like I'll be alone tonight either." Tracy snickers causing her friend to roll her eyes. This wasn't the first time Bud was approached tonight. She declined all of them and planned on declining this one as well.

"Wassup Rose, Tracy." Devonte greets looking between the two women.

"Hey." The women greet simultaneously, one more interested than the other. The two friends smile in unison.

"May I have this dance?" Wayne questions Tracy who greatly obliges. Whitney Houston's All The Man That I Need began to play and more couples crowd the floor. Devonte holds his hand out to Bud who stares at it and then glances up at him.

"You shut down every nigga in here tonight." He informs. Bud smirks and places a hand on her hip.

"What makes you think you're so special?" She teases.