» 20

This wait was getting to be too long

This wait was getting to be too long. Surely the others should've met up with the rest of the group by now.

Obi-Wan and Ahsoka took advantage of this time by making any repairs to The Twilight while Olek, Athena, and Jade waited inside.

"Shit." Jade stood up from the the pilot seat, looking to the others. "Comm chatter— there's been an explosion at the Senator's penthouse."

"They went for Zae." Olek sighed. "I'll go tell the Jedi." He left the cockpit, leaving the two women alone.

Athena looked to Jade, a frown on her face. "I still don't approve of this."

"Aw, are you gonna miss me, m'lady?" Jade teased. "I'm flattered."

"Perhaps." Athena rolled her eyes. "We have been through a lot in these last few days, I'll miss having you by my side, is all."

"Uh huh?" She couldn't help but smirk at her attempt to play off a little crush. "Well M'lady, someone's got to stay behind and protect the innocent. Besides, you'll be safe with the Republic and I'll have Olek with me. Both of our arses are covered."

Athena shook her head, fingers twiddling. "You know what Sterling and Aerol are capable of. If they catch you—"

"They aren't gonna catch us." Jade put a hand on top of hers. "I promise."

»—»«—«

"If they aren't here within ten minutes, I'm going down there myself—"

And by pure coincidence, it was like Olek summoned Venus and the others. They hurried out from the treeline, gaining the eyes on everyone there.

"Olek!" She rushed over, throwing her good arm around his neck.

He returned the hug, cradling her head in the crook of his neck. "I am so sorry, Venus. I wish that there was something I could've done—"

"The two of you can catch up once we're off world." Anakin brushed past them, interrupting their reunion. "Get on the ship."