↳ xiii. maze

₊‧✩*✿「chapter 13」✿*✩‧₊

A LITTLE AFTER newts inspirationally speech three boys came to get us.

two were holding up thomas and the other was holding me and teresa.

the two holding up thomas dropped him to the floor. that's gunna hurt.

one of them moved over to the boy holding me and teresa and grabbed a hold of me roughly. woah steady.

gally walked over and stood by thomas.

'this is such a waste.' he said.

'gally.' winston said, 'it doesn't feel right man.' smart boy.

jeff spoke up next, 'yeah what if thomas is right. maybe he could lead us home.' another smart one.

gally took a step forward. 'we are home.' he said, walking forwards, 'okay. i don't wanna have to cross anymore names of that wall.'

'you really think banishing us is going to solving anything.' teresa spoke up.

'we could just escape the maze.' i added.

'no.' gally said. no? 'this isn't a banishing.'

oh.

'it's an offering.' gally continued.

a what now?

'what, wait.' teresa said as the boy holding her pushed her against one of the wooden posts in the floor. 'gally.'

the boy that was holding me suddenly did the same, 'hey, woah.' i say, trying to wiggle free as if that would do something. 'gally, what are you doing?'

'you really think i'm going to let thomas back in to the maze.' yes i did in fact think that. 'after what he's done. look around you. look at our glade. this is the only way.' i'm sure there's plenty other ways to sort this out. 'and when the grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was.' i don't think it works like that but sure.