↳ i. homework

₊‧✩*✿「chapter 1」✿*✩‧₊

'TAV,' I LOOKED up to be met with my older brother marching over to where me and luna were reading, 'there you are, i've been looking everywhere for you.'

'why?' i asked, closing the book i had on my lap.

'you wanted me to help you on your transfiguration homework, so here i am.' cedric said, sitting down next to me.

'oh yeah.' i said, remembering. how could i forget? i turned to look at luna, who was on the other side of me, 'you don't mind do you?'

'of course not.' luna replied, 'i should be going anyway. goodbye via, cedric.' she got up from her place and skipped away into the building beside us.

i looked back over to my brother and handed him my homework. (a/n: at this part i started thinking if it was actually called homework because in theory they never took it home but we just gunna roll with it) 'here you go, now i just need to go see mione about something.' i was just about to walk away when cedric grabbed my wrist pulling me back down to sit. damn nearly got away with that.

'oh no you don't. your not leaving me to do your work by myself. i know your tricks.' he smirked. i grumbled under my breath, holding my hand out so he could give me my homework back. 'yeah that's what i thought.'

i rolled my eyes and got out my quill. 'now, help me.'

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

'octavia diggory. what on earth do you think you are doing?' i turn my head around to see professor mcgonagall. oh no. i stand up straight hiding something behind my back.

'hi professor.' i said, a bit too quickly. 'i'm doing nothing, just taking a nice walk along the corridor.' i flash her an innocent smile.

'at night?' professor mcgonagall raised her eyebrows.

'it's night? oh i didn't even realise. silly me, i must be getting back to my dorm. now if you would excuse me.' i said slipping round the professor and speed walking away.

'5 points from hufflepuff. my office tomorrow after dinner.' i heard mcgonagall shout after me. could be worse.

i quickly make my way back to the hufflepuff common room only to find cedric standing waiting for me. 'oh hi ced. i'm just going up to my dorm, goodnight.'

'not so fast.' cedric said, 'where have you been?'

'i've been here what do you mean?' i ask innocently. gaslight him.

'no you haven't.'

'uh yes i have. you just haven't seen me.' i say.

cedric raised his eyebrow and held out his hand. 'give it here.' i rolled my eyes and stuck hermione's transfiguration homework in his hand. 'and why do you have this?'

'so i could check if my answers were right.' i grumbled.

'did you really think you were going to get away with that.' cedric asked, shoving the work in his pocket.

'i nearly did, if you hadn't been here.' i say, giving him a playful glare. he just rolled his eyes and pointed up to where the girls dorms where. 'yeah, yeah, bye.' i said, slowly walking up to my dorm that i shared with susan bones.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

(tw: blood)

'octavia you have to do it.' a woman said.

'i can't.' i spat, wiping the blood from my face. 'i don't know how.' the man, standing next to the women aimed a sharp punch for me again. blood began to pour from my nose.

'you do know.' the man growled. 'do it.'

'i told you.' i said raising my voice, 'i don't know.'

the man and women shared a glance before turning to walk out the room leaving me with a half alive, half dead person on the floor.

'no.' i yelled. 'no. no. don't leave me here with them.' i struggled to stand. 'stop no.' the person left in the room was now crawling its way over to me. 'no.' i screamed as the person made a grab for my leg.

'octavia.' someone yelled. i sat up with a start. sweat falling from my forehead. 'are you ok?' i turned to see susan looking at me worriedly.

i swallowed thickly and nodded. 'yeah. y-yeah. bad dream.' i said shakily.

susan nodded, giving me a sympathetic look. 'are you sure?'

i nodded, pulling the covers of me and walking into the bathroom. i turned on the tap and splashed cold water over my face. it was just a dream. i told myself. it wasn't real.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

a/n:
(these a/ns are the same from the other book so like yh)
woooo first chapter is done.
also quick note, act 1 is going to be quite short so sorry about that and also we are going to pretend that cedric is one year older than octavia (who is in the same year as harry) instead of two bc he wouldn't be at hogwarts if he was.
anyway how did u guys like it so far??
-jess<3

word count: 845