Chapter 6: Target Practice

"Who the hell doesn't like Apples?"

Henry was resting underneath a large tree on the edge of camp, too nervous to be around the rest of the barbaric lost boys.

All of a sudden he hears someone yell Cuckoo! Causing him to slowly raise up from his laying position.

He looks around as a new voice shout, "wake up!"

"Catch"

An apple rolls over to him as the first voice, Peter Pan, walks closer to him with a crossbow in his hands.

"I don't like apples" he mumbled

He looks to his right as he hears something, more like someone, land on the ground.

He sees one of the lost boys with a bow over his back, the string across his front.

It was the same one that was always at Pans side. Every time Henry looks at the boy, he keeps getting a feeling that he cannot for the life of him figure out the meaning of. He looks into his eyes but sees nothing but darkness, making him shiver a little bit.

The lost boy smirks as he slowly walks over to Pans side, "who the hell doesn't like apples?"

Henry looks at him annoyed, "it's a family thing."

Pan chuckles a little, "well don't worry, they're not for eating." He kneels down close to Henry's face.

The previous mentioned lost boy starts to walk over to the fire a little bit away from the two, already annoyed. As he gets closer, he feels a sudden weight on his back. He recognizes who it is and starts to spin around.

"Father!"

Silas chuckles at his sons joyous giggles and stops spinning. He doesn't get dizzy anymore but knows Draco does, so he keeps a grip on his little legs as he continues walking over to Felix.

Felix was one of his favorite lost boys, and possibly only person besides Peter and Draco he can trust.

"Silas" Felix nods respectfully and continues to work on keeping the fire going. He doesn't get a reply but he expected that at this point, knowing that Silas responded with actions towards everyone rather than words.

Well, everyone other than Pan.

Ever since he had killed that boy, Pan followed him around like a lost duckling, always making sure he was safe from harms way.

Felix knew since the beginning that Pan had feelings for Silas but didn't know how to express them, same as Silas himself.

Neither knew how to show vulnerability at the beginning of their story, because they always had to put on a hard front in their home lives, but as years went by, he could see them begin to crack each other.

Now, what no one outside of the Lost Boys knew was that Pan wasn't the one in control of them. Yes, he plays his games with intruders of Neverland, keeping them away from the Camp and keeping their boys safe, but he'd always bow to Silas. He worshiped that boy like he was god.

And to Peter, he was.

They both agreed that since it was technically Pans island and more people knew him, it was be better for them to surprise every one with who the real Ruler was.

Silas was always more deadly than he looked. And his time at Neverland? Just created a dangerous monster.

He wasn't always one, he plays with the boys, helps take care of them when hurt, and he's the one that started the annual bonfires so the newbies would feel all the more welcomed.

Silas and Pan were the Kings of Neverland.

And God help anyone who disrespected the Kings.

"Felix!" Pan shouts, breaking up Felix's inner monologue. He looks over at him, seeing him making sure the crossbow was in order.

"Get over 'ere!"

Felix walks closer as Henry's voice begins to get shaky, "is Felix good? Is his aim good?"

Silas looks to Draco and sees he's playing with a couple of the older boys and knows his safe. So he walks back over to Peters side.

"Doesn't matter" he states darkly, drawling at the attention to him, "you're the one doing the shooting."

And Henry gulps, seeing how deadly Silas's face had gotten.

Felix stands under a tree, catching the apple Peter threw towards him, placing it onto his head.

He smirks as he continues to chew on the stick in his mouth.

Peter hands the crossbow to Henry and walks back over to Silas's side, wrapping his arm around his waist keeping him close.
The boys in the back begin chanting

Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot
"Go on, you won't hit him, it's exhilarating!" Peter goes back to chanting with the boys before Silas puts his hand up, stopping them when Henry actually lifts the weapon.

He watches as Henry aims at Felix, before quickly aiming at Peter and releasing.

A millisecond before it could hit Pans chest, Silas catches it by the base. Letting the DreamShade soak his hand.

Henry can't wipe the shock of his face as he looks between the two, seeing how Pan is laughing but Silas is dead serious. He raises his hand again and all the boys fall quiet, making the camp gain an eerie feeling.

"You think your smart Little Boy?" He voice is Deadly.

"You think you can shoot at Pan and actually kill him?" He laughs but it has no humor towards it.

He begins to stalk towards Henry, ignoring Peters soft calls for him to stop.

He pushes Henry against the tree he was sleeping on. Raising the pointed end of the arrow still drenched in DreamShade at his throat.

"You know, your grandmother thought she could kill me with an Arrow once, well more than once." Henry quickly goes into shock at the fact that he knew Snow, "she quickly learned to not mess with those above her, just like you will."

"Silas Enough!" Pan demands as he grabs him by the shoulder, making him finally release his hold on Henry. Who, is still in shock.

He gives Silas a disappointed look as he watches him shrug off his hold harshly and walk over towards Draco, picking him up and throwing him over his shoulder and walking towards the woods.

He sighs and looks back at Henry, "don't mind him, he's got terrible anger issues." He smiles Nicely at Henry, trying to make the situation better, "come on, I have something to show you." He leads him away, but never lets his mind leave the Archer and their son.