9

Its been a couple of days since Eid and Annie again started keeping her distance from Fakhir, which irked him alot.
Fakhir was sitting on their dining table with the breakfast that Annie gave it to then before leaving.

Saad: kya hua muh kyu latka rakha hai?
What happened why do you look sad?

Fakhir: ptani yaar Annie ko kya ho gaya hai. Phor mujhe ignore kr rhi hai!
Idk what happened to Annie, again she is ignoring me.

Saad: eid ke din kya hua mujhe detail mai bta...
Give me details of everything that happened on Eid.

Fakhir told everything to him, his convo with Annie, her reply, everything. All this while Saad's expression changed from confused, frown, irritated and lastly disappointed.

Saad: (hitting on his head from back) abey Saale dimaag kya bech diya hai!!
Idiot!!! Have you lost your mind?

Fakhir: abey maar kyun raha hai? Maine kya kiya???
Why are you hitting me. What did I do?

Saad: tu na ek number ka nalayk insaan hai... mana tu ladkiyon se zyada baat nhi krta but iska matlab ye thodi hai ki ladkiyan dost hi nhi h teri... abey kisi ki fikar hoti h toh usey responsibility ka naam thodi dete hai🙄🙄. Kya kr krta hai tu bhi
Listen, you are quite a character... I get it, you may not talk to girls as much, but that doesn't mean you don't have female friends... Come on, showing concern for someone doesn't necessarily equate to taking on responsibilities. What's your problem, anyway?🙄🙄

Fakhir: toh isme itna chidne waali kya baat hai??
So, what's there to get so worked up about this?

Saad: Ryan se baat krna bhi koi chidne waali baat nhi thi..
Talking to ryan was also not a topic to get so worked up about

Fakhir went silent and just ignored Saad making faces at his statement.

Saad: vo sab chod ye soch Annie ko kaise manayega? Agar vo itni important hai toh mehnat kr...
Leave all that and think how will u pacify Annie? If she is as important as you say then work for it.

Fakhir decided to make her day special.

Later that evening when Annie returned home, she opened the door to a dark hallway. She kept her keys on the side table and as soon as she turned the lights on rose petals fell on her. She was shocked. She didn't understand who did this and why??? As she moved further a soft music started to play in the background

As she moved further ahead a dialogue played on the speaker

"Kuch logon ke saath rehne se hi sab theek ho jata hai."
(All this while music was still playing in the background in low volume creating an ambiance)

With that Fakhir slowly came out of the room with a bouquet of tulips in his hand (her fav flowers), Annie had a confused look on her face.

Annie: Fakhir ye sa... (Fakhir kept his finger on her lips)
Fakhir all this...

Fakhir: Shh... dekho aaj mujhe bol lene do.
Annie tum mujhe bachpan se jaanti ho... tumhe pata hai ki mujhe kya chahie hota hai. Mere bolne se pehle samajh jaati ho... toh tum itna nhi samajh paayi ki aadhe waqt mai bina soche samjhe kuch bhi bakwas krdeta hoon. Uss din panic mai maine bol diya ki tum meri responsibility ho... NHI tum meri Responsibility nhi ho TUM MERI HO. ( Annie's eyes widened )
Uss din samajh nhi paya ki kyun tumhe rok raha tha Ryan se baat krne se. Par na tum pehle kabhi meri sirf responsibility thi na baad mai kabhi hogi... tum meri life ka ek bohot imp hissa ho jiske bina mai life imagine nhi kr skta...
Shh... let me talk today. Annie, you've known me since childhood. You know what I want without me saying it. You usually understand me before I even speak. So, you couldn't understand that sometimes, without thinking, I say nonsense. That day, in a panic, I blurted out that you are my responsibility... No, you're not my responsibility; YOU ARE MINE. (Annie's eyes widened) I couldn't understand that day why I was stopping you from talking to Ryan. But neither were you just my responsibility before, nor will you ever be. You are an essential part of my life, without which I can't imagine living...

Annie was just speechless. She couldn't comprehend what he just said and tears started coming out of her eyes.

Annie: fakhir tum ye sab guilt mai aake kr rhe ho. Tum mujhe nhi chahte... chale jao yahan se.
Fakhir you dont lovd me. You are saying all this in guilt. Just leave...

Fakhir: kya bol rhi ho tum??
What are you saying??

Annie: (raising her voice) sahi keh rhi hoon. Tum mujhe nhi chahte. Kal ko phir mujhe bojh samjhoge or chod doge. Mai koi khilona nhi hoon, meri feelings se khelna band kro. Or mai tumhare liya kuch feel nhi krti.
I'm telling the truth. You don't want me. Tomorrow, you'll see me as a burden again and leave me. I'm not a toy; stop playing with my feelings. And I don't have feelings for you.

Fakhir now angry pulled her towards him. She came crashing into his chest, both looking into each other's eyes.

Fakhir: kuch feel nhi krti toh dhadkane itni badh kyun gayi huh?? Or mai tumse pyaar nhi krta??? Toh kyun mere dil mai dard hota hai jab tumhe kisi or ke saath dekhta hoon. Pichle do din se tum mujhse baat nhi kr rhi thi toh mai pagal bechain ho gya tha... or tum keh rhi ho mujhe pyaar nhi h... agar pyaar nhi h toh mujhe kyun farak padega tum kisse or kyun baat kr rhi ho, mujhe ignore kr rhi ho, tumhare itne kareeb hone se mera dil itna toh nhi dhadakna chahiye... I LOVE YOU DAMMIT!!! I love you...
If you don't feel anything, why does your heart start racing like this? And I don't love you??? Then why does my heart ache when I see you with someone else? For the past two days, you haven't been talking to me, and I went crazy with restlessness... and you're saying I don't love you... If I don't love you, then why do I care about who you're talking to, why you're ignoring me? My heart shouldn't be pounding this much with you being so close... I LOVE YOU DAMMIT!!! I love you...

Annie was still in dilemna so she just averted her eyes from his face...

Annie: Fakhir chodo mujhe dard ho rha hai...
Fakhir leave me it's hurting

Fakhir: aisa kyun kr rhi ho tum Annie kyu itna dard de rhi ho??
Why are you doing this Annie? Why are you giving do much pain?

Annie: tum sirf apni hi padi hain na?? Tunhara pyaar, tumhaara dard sab kuch tumhaare. Kisi or ki tumhe koi chinta hi nhi hain na?
You're only concerned about yourself, right? Your love, your pain, everything is about you. You don't care about anyone else, do you?

Saying that dhe jerked herself free from his hold...

Annie: Fakhir just leave!

Fakhir: Annie...

Annie: JUST LEAVE!!!!

Fakhir then left her apartment with heavy heart. He couldn't control his tears and let them flow out...