8

Fakhir was searching for Annie with restlessness. He was roaming around the hall frantically until he heard a laughter...
He turned to that direction and what he saw made him mesmerised. There she stood in beautiful pink kurta set and a little makeup and jewellery. He had always liked her decked up, and this was the first time in 3 years he had seen her like this and he couldn't stop himself from staring at her...

 He had always liked her decked up, and this was the first time in 3 years he had seen her like this and he couldn't stop himself from staring at her

But soon his trance broke when he noticed Ryan feeding a spoonful of Kheer to her and this made his blood BOILLL!!!

Fakhir: iski toh!!! Aise kaise Annie ke itna close ho rha hai... isko toh mai dekh lunga...
This guy!!! How can he get so close to Annie... I will deal with him...

Saying this he ran towards the both of them.
And went and stood extremely close to Annie...

Fakhir: yahan kya kr rhi ho annie?? (Forced smile)
What are you doing here Annie??

Annie gave him a baffled look but chose to ignore this question instead she introduced him to Ryan.

Annie: vo chodo, isse milo ye Ryan hai.
Leave that. Meet him, he is Ryan

Ryan: hum jaante hai ek doosre ko pehle se. Same class mai the second sem mai.
We know each other from before. We were in same class in second semester.

Annie: that's great. You know Fakhir ye itna funny hai I cant even tell you. I mean pehle mai thoda bore ho rhi thi Saad bhi apne poorane doston ke saath busy ho gya tha but phir Ryan ne mujhe occupied rakha. And i must tell you he is one funny guy. ( giving a small yet hearty laugh) That's great. You know, Fakhir, he's so funny I can't even tell you. I mean, at first, I was getting a bit bored, and Saad got busy with his old friends too, but then Ryan kept me occupied. And I must tell you, he is one funny guy.

Fakhir was extremely annoyed by this, he always thought Ryan was a guy who had alot of girlfriends and even though he is a true friend one cannot trust him with girls...

Fakhir: Great yaar!!! Acha Annie chalo mere saath zara... mujhe kuch kaam hai...( saying this her dragged her to differen corner)
Great, buddy!!! Alright, Annie, come with me for a bit... I have to talk to you.

Annie found Fakhir's behaviour strange and couldn't understand what exactly was going on. Here Fakhir on the other hand suddenly felt protective of her.

Annie: kya hua Fakhir? (Releasing her hand from his grip) itna ajeeb kyu behave kr rhe ho?
What's wrong, Fakhir? (Releasing her hand from his grip) Why are you behaving so strangely?

Fakhir: Annie tum ussey dur raho. Tum jaanti nhi ho vo kaisa ladka hai. Bohot ladkiyan ghumata hai vo. Uske intentions mujhe theek nhi lag rhe. Annie, stay away from him. You don't know what kind of guy he is. He flirts with many girls. I don't feel good about his intentions.

Annie at first thought that Fakhir was feeling protective of her cause he feels something for her and unknowingly her hopes raised a little. Even though she had decided she wouldn't keep hopes from him about anything but his behaviour since she came here made her think otherwise. Until...

Fakhir: dekho tum meri Zimmedari ho. Baba ne tumhe yahan bheja hai is bharose se ki mai tumhara dhyaan rakhunga or maine unse wada bhi kiya hai, jab tk tum yahan ho meri zimmedari ho.
Look, you are my responsibility. Baba sent you here with the trust that I will take care of you, and I've made a promise to him. As long as you are here, you are my responsibility.

As soon as these words left Fakhir mouth her world came crashing down. She was HURT!! She couldn't believe that even after so much she was just a responsibility and nothing else. Tears forming in her eyes but she decided not to let them fall. She remembered when she decided to come here to London she would not become a liability to anyone, she got distracted from this but now that she heard him she decided that creating boundaries was the right decision and she needs to do that again.

Annie: (calmly but coldly and sternly) Fakhir i understand but usne mujhe ye baat bata di thi ki vo carefree hua krta tha, kabhi kisi ko bhi seriously nhi liya and ab vo change hona chahta hai, or tum ye bhool rhe ho pichle teen saal se jab tum yahan the, bade abbu coma me the or Abba ko toh mujhse koi lena dena tha hi nhi maine khudko akele sambhala hai, logon ki pehchan hai mujhe and honesty Ryan mujhe genuine lgta hai. So I appreciate your concern but I am capable enough to handle it. Bye!!! Fakhir, I understand, but he told me that he used to be carefree, never took anyone seriously, and now he wants to change. And you seem to forget that for the past three years, when you were here, Bade abbu was in a coma, and Abba wanted nothing to do with me. I've been managing everything on my own, I know people and their intentions, and honestly, Ryan seems genuine to me. So, I appreciate your concern, but I am capable enough to handle it. Bye!!!

With that she left from Fakhir's side with heavy throat and teary eyes. She thought she was so delusional to ever think that things would go right for her personally. She thought no matter how good she gets professionally she would never have peace personally. Throughout the whole function she avoided Fakhir, and sticked for Ryan's side. She somehow felt Ryan as her escape, she knew it was wrong to treat someone like that but she couldn't help it.

Fakhir on the other hand was in distress. He couldn't understand Annie's tone and the look in her eyes from their previous conversation and one thing that struck him the most was, she went through alot alone... her father was never present throughout her life but he and his baba we kind of a support to her. But they too left her and being the elder kid, there are responsibilities of not only themsel but their younger siblings too. In Annie's case she had to take care of aisha and Faiza both.

Fakhir: uski baaton se aisa kyun lag rha tha jaise maine phir kuch krdiya ho??? Or maine usey akela chod diya. 2 saal ki wajah se pichke 14 saal ka saath kaise chod diya maine... itna galat kaise kr skta hoon uske saath mai...

Why did it feel like I've done something wrong again from her words??? And I left her alone. How could I leave behind 14 years of companionship just for the because of those 2 years... How could I do so wrong with her...