NOTHING UNTIL WE RETURN

Note: this chapter contains mpreg.

.

. .

. . .

Today is the day.

Two weeks after the confrontation with Albedo, the machine is complete.

The Cybertronians are finally going home.

They just need to power the machine up with the dwarf star, and hope and pray that it works.

The Cybertronians say their goodbyes, and provide the Plumbers and Khyber with the utmost amount of gratitude for all they've done.

Ben laments that he and Steeljaw never had a Round 2, but Steeljaw promises, if possible, to repay the favor at a later date.

The Cybertronians step up the platform and stand in the center.

Max starts the machine.

The Cybertronians wave one final farewell before a bright beam consumes them.

~

The stirring of waking mechas disturbs the otherwise peaceful silence of a dimly lit room.

BB: "Mmm..."

Bumblebee is the first to awaken, blue optics blinking online. He turns his helm, getting a layout of the area. Based on the medical tools and supplies, it is no doubt the med-bay.

BB: "The... Why are we..."

Then the realization strikes him. Bumblebee bolts upright and frantically feels and looks himself over. Shiny yellow and black plating stares right back.

BB: "I'm... We're..."

KO: "MY FINISH! THANK FRAGGING PRIMUS I'M BACK!"

To Bumblebee's right, Knockout and Starscream are relieved to be back in their true frames.

SS: "MY WINGS! MY GLORIOUS WINGS! OH, HOW I MISSED YOU SO!"

Knockout immediately locates a mirror and starts fawning over his complexion, while Starscream flicks his wings in happiness. Bumblebee smiles, then looks to his left, where Moonracer is sitting cross-legged on her berth, just watching the scene unfold.

BB: "So..."

MR: "Not the trip to Earth I was expecting, but it was still fun, I guess. Interesting, at most."

Bumblebee laughs.

BB: "You can definitely say that again!"

Moonracer nods. She seems sullen. Bumblebee senses this, but is unsure whether he should intrude. He doesn't have the chance to when the med-bay doors slide open and the lights turn on.

SW: "You are all awake. My calculations were correct."

SS: "Shockwave!"

One moment, Starscream is flaunting his wings, and the next, has his arms wrapped around Shockwave and helm buried in his neck. Shockwave takes a moment to register what is happening before placing his servo on Starscream's backplate.

SW: "It is... nice to see you, too, Starscream."

The silver Seeker chokes out a laugh through his tears.

SS: "You have no idea how happy I am to see you!"

Shockwave's servo clenches, unintentionally hurting Starscream. A pained whimper escapes his vocalizer. Shockwave rectifies his mistake by gingerly, soothingly, rubbing the afflicted area.