sixteen 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

WITH WIDE EYES my friends and i looked around coco village. it was completely destroyed. the houses were burned down, the air smelled like fire and there was absolutely nothing left of the once beautiful village.

"arlong did this? why?", sanji asks.

nami gulps. "to punish the villagers", she cracks out quietly with tears in her blue eyes, "and to punish me".

yesterday has been a true adventure for me. not only because i kissed zoro for the first time (oh my god!!!!), but also because me and my friend have gotten nami back. the poor girl was about to kill herself when luffy came and saved her. and now the only thing in our head is to end arlong and his fish crew.

yesterday i was joking about how defeating him would be easy, since he is literally a fish, but oh, was i wrong. seeing this, coco village destroyed, makes me question whether we will ever defeat the man.

suddenly we can see the villagers walking towards us in a big group, the chief walking in front of them with nami's blue haired sister nojiko.

"what's going on?", nami asks quietly with a broken voice.

"nojiko told us about your sacrifice. we didn't know. can you ever forgive us?", the man asks her.

nami has also told us about her past and why she did what she had done. ad a young girl, after her mother got killed by arlong and he overtook the village, nami went to him and wanted him leave her village. in return, she had to draw maps, which was a great talent of hers, for arlong, so he could sail the whole world with the help of those maps and become the most feared and powerful person on this planet. that's why she betrayed us. only to free her village, her people. she had a reason, not a selfish one, but a good, understandable one.

hearing her story made me feel so bad, because i accused her of betraying us just to enrich herself.

"there's nothing to forgive. coco village is my home", the woman says.

"then it's our turn to sacrifice. we're done living in fear. we're gonna march on arlong park. if those fishmen want a fight - ", the chief exclaims loudly with a proud voice, but nami interrupts him.

"that's not a fight. that's a massacre. you will all be killed!", she says back loud too.

"if there's no hope for us to buy our freedom, then i say we die trying to fight for it!", the man shouts and the other villagers yell in agreement.

i look at luffy, who looks confused and unsure. "no, everyone, please!", nami shouts. "no, i ... i won't let you do that", she says and now everyone stops with their yells.

"this is my fight", she states.

"no", luffy's voice now says. we all turn to him, "this is our fight. right guys?", he asks us.

"finally i get to cut something", zoro replies.

"but how are we gonna beat arlong? we saw what he did at baratie", usopp says in fear.

"arlong might look invincible from the outside, but i know that every creature has a weakness. even arlong", i say.

"but arlong is bulletproof! there's no way to kill him", usopp replies.

"i'll know his weakness when i see it", luffy says.

"and when i do, i won't hesitate".

WE DID'NT REALLY HAVE A PLAN. but that's the thing in our crew. we don't really need plans. when it comes to attacking, we just know what to do.