Ch.25

Lexie knew how she had been thinking about giving the baby up for adoption. She hadn't told Simon yet. Only her mum and sister.

Esmè had told her that she didn't need to do that. But Lexie knew her mum wasn't happy both her daughters were pregnant.

Lexie knew how she had been trying to turn it all around. While she was pregnant, she wanted to make sure her baby was happy.

She knew that she needed to talk to Simon. To tell him what she wanted. But she didn't think it would go down well. She didn't know how he would react.

She had seen how excited he was. He had even gone as far as to buy everything for the baby. And she felt bad.

Lexie knew that things were going to change. And she just didn't know how to feel about the whole situation.

All she knew was that things were about to change. And she wasn't sure how much she could handle.

Morning came and she walked downstairs into the kitchen. Nikki looked to her. "What you said. About giving the baby up for adoption. Are you being serious?" She asked.

"Yes. You're mad at me for getting pregnant. Whatever. But you're the reason I want to do this. You're the reason I don't want to be a mum," Lexie told her.

Nikki rolled her eyes. She looked to her. "Don't blame me. You're the idiot along with Esmè who laid there and opened your legs. So I don't want to hear that from you."

"See! It's the comments like that! You're pathetic. You know? You're supposed to be my mum. And support me. But you don't. You criticise me for everything. I've made mistakes. I'm not perfect. But the fact you've made me feel so small about the fact I got pregnant. It happens. And at least I'm trying to do the right thing. Not like you. You walked away from Eve and let her think you were dead," Lexie spat.

Nikki glared. "How dare you? I don't want to look at you. Get to school now," she said.

Lexie rolled her eyes. She grabbed her bag and left. Not wanting to be around her mum.

***
Lexie was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Esmè walked in. "What the hell happened with you and mum?" She asked.

Lexie wiped away her tears. "I told her it was her fault that I want to give the baby up. She's not supporting me. And I can't handle it. She told me that I'm an idiot for getting pregnant."

Esmè sighed. She took her hand. "Listen, you need to not let her get to you. I know you can be an amazing mum. You don't have to do this," she told her.

Lexie was crying. She looked to her sister. "I do. I can't be a mum if I don't have my mum supporting me," she said.

***
Lexie walked into Simon's classroom. She looked to him and sighed. Simon turned to her and saw she had been crying. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I've been thinking. I want to give the baby up for adoption."

Simon looked to her in shock. Not knowing how this was the beginning of their relationship falling apart.