___________________________________
Emma

"Fuck" I whisper out as I lean against the kitchen counter. I've been having what I now know is contractions for the last few hours. They don't seem to be going away and seem to hurt more with each one. The baby is 2 weeks late. Everything aches and to be honest I just want her out of me. Natasha still isn't home though so im hoping I can keep her in till she's home.

"Hey are you okay?" Pepper asks coming into the kitchen. I nod biting my lip. Her eyes widen at the sight of me "Are-..are you having contractions?..do you want me to get bru-". "You get him and I kill you. I am fine. This baby isn't coming out till Natasha is here" I tell her as the pain fades. "Just..shout one of us if you need us" she says smiling at me softly before walking off.

I finish making my drink and I go to sit in the living room with the boys. I stand infront of Bruce as I spot him in the armchair "move". "What?" He asks confused. "Get up!" I shout and he does. I sigh sitting down in the seat "sorry..its just the only comfy seat.".

"Its fine. Have you had any signs of labour yet?" He asks. I shake my head very obviously lying as another contraction hits me. "Holy..fuck!" I groan out standing back up. "Everything okay?" Tony asks. I nod "m..mhm..I.. think I'm just gonna go and take i nap..". He nods and they watch as I slowly walk to mine and Natasha's room.

I spend the next two hours trying to sleep and pacing back and forth. I lean against the bottom of the bed as I wait for a contraction to pass. "I swear to god Matilda If you decide to come when you're mother isn't here.." I mutter out. I hear talking out in the hallway and I slowly walk out. I spot Fury walking down with Tony and I step out.

"Fury..hi..uh..how much longer do you recon Natasha's gonna be gone for?" I ask him as I try to look like I'm not in pain. "I don't know..it could be another week up to now..why?" He tells me. I gasp slightly and I grip onto Tony's arm as I feel a pop. "My fucking water just broke thats why!" I shout looking back up at fury.

"Jarvis tell Bruce we are on our way down" Tony says holding onto my arm. I shake my head freezing still "nuh uh..im not having this bloody kid alone. Tasha needs to be there. She wants to be there. I need her there". Tony gives fury a look before trying to pull me towards the elevator. I end up willingly going with him as the pain gets too much.

I let out a sob as I'm trying to push. "Come on Emma you need to push harder" Bruce tells me giving me a sorry look. "I FUCKING AM" I scream at him relaxing back as a contraction. He let's out a sigh standing up. I watch as he leaves the room to talk to the people sat outside.

He comes back in the room a minute later with pepper not far behind him. "Okay Em let's have this baby" she says standing next to me and holding my hand with one hand whilst placing her other hand on my back. "I cant..I want nat.." I cry out. "I know you do sweetheart but if we don't get this baby out Bruce is talking about a c-section" she tells me. I feel another contraction coming and I get ready to push again. Pepper lets me squeeze her hand as I keep pushing.

After 20 minutes more of pushing i hear a cry. I lay back in the bed and i smile tiredly as my daughter is placed on my chest. "Congratulations Emma. Does she have a name?" Bruce asks whilst cutting the cord. I nod looking down at her "Matilda Romanoff. My tilly".

__________
Natasha

I walk back into the apartment im staying in and I jump when I spot fury sat watching TV "Fury? Why are you here? Is everything okay..is something wrong with Emma?". He stands up and shakes his head "Nothings wrong with Emma. Congratulations your a mother". I smile at him but it soon fades "she had the baby?..she..I wasn't with her..when can I go back?".

I notice him hesitating "it..could be up to a year..we need more intel". "Fury i have a family at home..my girlfriend just had our baby. And your telling me im not gonna get to meet her for a year?!" I shout at him. "I'm sorry-" he starts to say. "Just..get out..OUT" I tell him and he leaves.