Chapter 12: Filler

■|Filler Information over the years|■

♡About Joanna♡

After Joanna's night with Jack, she broke up with Tommy. She knew it was the right thing to do even though she didn't remember most of the night. In 1938 she started dating a man named Michael, he was a year older than her, and very caring.

Her and Michael dated until 1940, they broke up because he cheated on her with one of her friends back home. She was heartbroken but with the help of her closest friends, she was back on the town within a week.

They made her mingle her way around town. Joanna did hit it off with a man named James. He was a mystery, she was intrigued, the more they talked, the more she wanted to know. Luckily, he felt the same about her, she was a mystery to him and he wanted to find out everything.

They met at Harvard. They had one class together, but introduced themselves at a party.

That night, they went their separate ways, but when they started to see each other more frequently, they started leaving at the same time, to the same place. They enjoyed each others company, and so did others around. There were always laughs and smiles when they were together.

Joanna knew that after her night with Bobby, she couldn't end things with James. James was the best man she could ask for, he was caring and kind and loved Jonna for who she was. It was a secret she'd keep with her for the rest of her days.

♤About John♤

John was still confused over the years about the relationship he shared with Joanna, it kinda started as bestfriends, turned to more, then back again.

In 1941 John had an affair with a married woman. Joseph, had no issues with the relationship, assuming it to be short-lived and primarily sexual. While it started like that, their relationship grew quickly.

Joanna wasn't a fan of Inga, she was accused of being a spy and after the war, Joanna hated her guts. When Inga was around, she'd awe over a man named Hitler. Joanna didn't know much about who he was until the war, and when she found out more about him, she hated both of them.

In 1944 John was recuperating from his war injuries in the Chelsea Naval Hospital when he heard the news of Joe Jr.'s death. He told a close friend that "now the burden falls on me." Joanna knew that Jack was hoping that Joe would fulfill his father's wishes of politics. Sadly, Joe's death was not in the cards for the family which left the role of politics to Jack.

~About Joseph Sr.~

Joseph took Joanna on a trip in 1926. They went to New York, just the two of them. Joanna was 6 at the time, she wanted to go to a Broadway show.

One day, Joanna and the nanny (Mary) went to Joe's work. His employee said he left minutes before they arrived, when they got to the parking garage, Joanna saw Joe climbing into an unknown car, with an unknown woman.

"Joanna, I don't see him, we should go back to the hotel." The Mary said turning toward Joanna. she did see Joe, but she knew that if she wanted to keep her job and her life, she'd keep her mouth shut. Joanna also saw the man and tried to protest but lost the fight when cookies were involved.

This was the first time Joanna saw Joseph with another woman. Joanna wasn't to say a word of this for a very very long time. In 1948 Joanna saw how Joseph and his new secretary acted around each other, she knew it wasn't normal. She didn't want to believe it though, she held Joseph to a high standard, he was like another father to her. And eventually, Joanna saw the same behavior in John, and that disappointed her even more.

○About Eunice○

Eunice was an American social activist who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of the intellectually disabled and, in an effort to provide a forum for them to compete athletically, founded the Special Olympics in 1968.

After earning a degree in sociology from Stanford University in 1943, Shriver became a social worker. In 1957 she became director of the Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr., Foundation, the goals of which were to seek the causes of mental retardation and to improve the social treatment of the mentally challenged.

The concept of the Special Olympics was born in 1962 while Shriver hosted a summer day camp for intellectually disabled children at her farm in Maryland. The first Special Olympics were held in Chicago in 1968, sponsored by the Chicago Park District and the Kennedy Foundation.

Shriver was also a force behind the 1962 creation by Pres. John F. Kennedy of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Shriver was granted the 1966 Albert Lasker Public Service Award, and in 1984 she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

《About Robert》

Robert interrupted his studies at Harvard University to serve in the U.S. Navy during World War II but returned to the university and graduated in 1948. After receiving a law degree from the University of Virginia Law School in 1951, he began his political career in Massachusetts the next year with the management of his brother John's successful campaign for the U.S. Senate.

In 1957 he was chief counsel to the Senate select committee conducting investigations into labour racketeering, which led to his long-standing feud with James R. Hoffa of the Teamsters Union. Kennedy resigned from the committee staff in 1960 to conduct his brother's campaign for the U.S. presidency.

After John won the election, he appointed Robert attorney general in his cabinet.

In November 1964 he was elected U.S. senator from New York. Within two years Kennedy had established himself as a major political figure in his own right. He became the chief spokesman for liberal Democrats and a critic of Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson's Vietnam policy.