five

*READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ*: Hello folks, so I just want to give you a heads up that this is a chapter that does involve heaven. I understand that this might not be what your ideal heaven looks like, but this is my story. I also play around with the roles of angels. If you get offended that this isn't what you've read about, then sorry. Please don't leave hateful comments about it. Thanks. This is not a religious chapter.

●Chapter Five: Lucien

         "Baby, I don't want to leave!" The nymph, Uriel, whined. She wasn't a real nymph, but she acted like one. Uriel was my soon-to-be wife. Hundreds of years ago she was appointed to be my wife, but I just didn't want that title. The only title I wanted was to become an archangel. On an angels three hundredth birthday, they can qualify to become an archangel. But for now, I'm only two hundred and ninety-two. 

         "You have to go though, I have business to do." I told her, and ushered her out of the bed. She just nodded, and pulled her robes on. 

           "Will I see you later?" She asked.

           I smiled at her softly. "Of course, darling," I replied.

         She planted a kiss on my cheek, and scurried out the door. I got out of bed, and went into the corridors. 

       "Morning, Messenger Angel Lucien," Messenger Angel Alec said. I nodded, and continued walking down the hall. Heaven was divided into three hierarchies: Tier One, Tier Two, and Tier Three. Tier One was for the humans. The dead humans, of course. Tier Two was for angels like me, messenger angels. The last one is Tier Three. Tier Three is the top ranks of heaven. It's where the archangels are. It's where I will be soon. 

     "Messenger Angel Lucien, please come to The White Room immediately." The virtue announced. The sound came from the speaker that was perched up in the corner of the wall. I paused, and wondered what the virtue would want. They only ever get involved with us if someone has a test to become an archangel. I bit my lip and pondered on this.      

            Maybe this is my calling? I thought to myself, and ran down the corridor to The White Room.

           When I got to the room, I heard hushed whispers. 

           "He isn't ready," a female voice said.

           "Of course he is, this is right up his alley!" Another voice retorted. I knocked gently on the door. When they saw me, they quickly turned around. It was Virtue Rose and Virtue Lily. They were basically the government of heaven, and helped messenger angels become potential archangels. 

       "Hello ladies," I said with a wink. I didn't even know if they were ladies. They didn't have a human form, but they had a glow. It was like mist in the shape of a female. Not many people could see their form, but I could. 

         "Sit, Messenger Angel Lucien," Virtue Lily said. I sat down on the plush white couch that was infront of their office desk. Virtue Rose started looking through files. 

         "Ah, there you are," Virtue Rose said. She looked through my file, and smiled. "You have a great record. It seems you saved a dozen earth girls from a shark attack? I've never seen them before, but I've heard stories." 

              I nodded. That was when I was fifty. Not fifty in human years, but angel years. I was never a human. On that mission I was assigned to help a boat ride. There were a dozen girls, and they ended up spilling some blood into the water. Some sharks spotted it, and I had to fend them off. I learned that sharks are more attracted to Angels Blood then human blood. It's a clear-white drink that angels need to drink to keep their power up.