Un-forgiving waters. #403 (pt.1)

🛑TW: DEATH + BLOOD + THALASSOPHOBIA🛑

3RD PERSON POV:

"Always the bad parking jobs." 

Y/n let out a small laugh as they continued fixing their ship. That morning, as they were docking, they may have slightly crashed. They mindless reached for the indicator in their pocket, holding it on eye level. 

They recalled the impacted they had felt as they hit jetty, the fear of dropping the compass their father had given them shortly before he pasted away. They began to panic (at the disco) when they realised there was a small crack in the glass.

luckily they knew just who could fix it.

They wanted to do a few repairs on the ol' sloop before heading to their next stop anyways. The outpost they were heading for was only a few islands over, but folks from Y/ns home town spoke of recent merpeople sightings around those waters.

Merpeople, when un-provoked, where usually quite helpful! It was rather unfortunate they tended to have short tempers towards pirates.

It's not like Y/n was scared of them or anything... they had just never encountered one. Plus they had other beasts to worry about! the megalodon, the kraken and even sometimes other sailors.

This whole pirate gig was tough work, but hey, the pay is more than great and sometimes they get to keep a dabloon or two.

~

by now, night had fallen. Their prized vessel was in tip top shape and was ready for the water! only problem is, Y/n's mother always warned them to never sale at night alone, something about risky waters and curses, she was very superstitious. Luckily, they had a friend at This here outpost.

After a short walk down a few rocky paths, Y/n came across a familiar shack. The rickety sign that hung off the side of the outer wall read "Mira's emporium of wonder".

Pushing past the fabric that concealed the store, Y/n took a quick look around. Mira had new crystals in stock and a few new decks of cards, some of which looked homemade.

"MIRA!! ARE YOU HOME?"

A short, tanned woman poked her head around the side of a beam, making eye contact with Y/n. They of course, knew her as Mira, their very best friend.

"We're close- Y/N! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR 5 MONTHS?!" Mira squealed with delight as she ran an engulfed Y/n into a hug.

"Everywhere! The Caribbean, Pacific, Indian, even sailed through Arctic for a while. Would not recommend, very cold."

Mira laughed before motioning for Y/n to sit at the table to their left.

they spent the next few hours catching up, talking about everything they had been up too and tales of Y/ns adventures.

"Its getting late, you can take the upstairs room. I'm going to bed."

"Thannkkkkksss Mira! your the best"

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Mira responded with a playful eye-roll.

"oh! before I forget, I cracked my compass again. Will you pretty please fix it for me..?"

Y/n slid the cracked compass across the table toward Mira who just nodded, stuffed the cracked item in her pocket and went off to bed.

~

As the sun rose over the great blue seas, Y/n yawned, stretching, and opening their eyes. They were immediately jump scared by Mira starring directly down at them, an overflowing satuel in hand.