College Crush(ed) #401

🛑TW: DEATH + BLOOD🛑

3RD PERSON POV:

Y/n laid sprawled out across their bed, thinking about EVERYTHING. They had finals coming up, The semester was ending and not to mention Y/n lost their purse earlier that day.

Y/n's roommate had tried to convince them to come along to a few parties, but Y/n always found them-self laying alone in their shared dorm after all was said and done.

This was only their first year of college and they were already stressed as fuck.

Y/n was pulled from their train of thought when a knock echoed through the small room. They hesitated for a second before walking over to the door and swinging it open.

A tall brunette with a nerdy demeanour stood there nervously, swaying back and forth before holding up a purse.

"is this yours? I think you left it in the common room?"

Y/n grabbed the purse and shook his hand aggressively.

"oh my god! thank you so much! Ive been looking for this all day, I was worried I would have to cancel my cards!"

he laughed and gave them a geeky smile.

"don't even mention it, Im Charlie by the way. My room is across the hall"

"Y/n, pleasure to finally meet! How can I make it up to you?"

"maybe we could get a coffee together sometime? finals are in a couple weeks and I'm super stressed, a break would be nice."

Charlie leaned against the door frame as he spoke.

"sounds great, does tomorrow, campus cafe at 11 work for you? I haven't got any classes around then."

"believe it or not, It does. see you then Y/n"

"its a date! Bye Charlie."

Y/n laughed and closed the door.

Their thoughts felt strangely a lot clearer than they were before, giving them enough headspace to get some work done for up coming projects. Charlie calmed them down quite a bit, especially getting rid of the stress they felt about losing their purse.

~

Y/N POV:

11am couldn't have come any slower today, I was genuinely excited to see Charlie. Ive never felt so giddy about hanging out with a total stranger.

I practically starred at my bed-side clock until 10:45. The dorms are great but curse the walking distances to the main buildings.

even then, the walk to my classes, common room, library and even the cafe, which I was heading too now, gave me lots of time to think and reflect.

I genuinely enjoy going to the college that I do. Ive made so many great friends, had so many amazing opportunities and put myself out there at lot more than I used to. Hell, Im going to meet a stranger for coffee.

My thinking was cut short as I arrived at the large glass doors that inclosed the coffee shop. My palms started to sweat as I walked in.

As soon as I spotted Charlie, I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. We made eye-contact and he waved me over to the table with a giant smile on his face.

~

Charlie and I laughed and joked like we were old friends, catching up after a while of not seeing each other. It was almost like we had met each other somewhere.

"maybe we knew each other in another life" I thought to myself

I glanced down at my watch and realised it was already 2pm, how had we been talking for 3 and a half hours already? times really flys.