𝖀𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍

ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴜʀɴ

Sitting at the long table surrounded by representatives from our party list, from Governors to Mayors, each major figure eager to make their mark.

“First, let’s start with the name of our party list,” Zain announced, leaning back in his chair and flexing his biceps.

"Anyone?” Zain leading in his chair while crossing his arms flexing his biceps.

Sipping on my Strawberry Crème Frappuccino, I listened as everyone pitched their ideas. Feeling inspired, I decided to share my own suggestion.

"We should make it impactful, guys, since that’s the first heads up for the students inside the campus,” Zain emphasized, his tone reflecting the importance of the decision.

“How about 'WISELY Party'?” I proposed, feeling a surge of confidence.

“Woah, that sounds great too!” Hazel, the aspiring Secretary, chimed in enthusiastically.

“And what does it stand for, Ms. Celeste?” Zia, the aspiring Treasurer, inquired.

“WISELY stands for WILL, INTEGRITY, SINCERITY, EXCELLENCE,” I proudly explained.

Zain applauded like a proud boyfriend, earning an eye roll from me. With everyone's approval, the decision was made.

“WOW, I didn’t see that coming, Celeste,” Zain remarked, genuinely impressed.

“Oh, please, Zain,” I chuckled, feeling a sense of pride at my contribution.

“You're good with words, Celeste,” Henry, the aspiring Auditor, complimented.

“Thank you, everyone,” I replied with a grateful smile.

“So, that’s settled then, WISELY it is,” Zain declared, met with nods and smiles of agreement from all around the table.

“Now, since we already have our party name, let's go through our plan for the upcoming campaign,” Zain announced, steering the conversation towards the task at hand.

We had been brainstorming our campaign strategy for nearly two hours now, and as I glanced outside, I noticed it had started raining.

Realizing I didn't have an umbrella with me, I quickly made a mental note to text our driver and hurry home after the meeting.

Fumbling with my phone, I hastily typed out the message, feeling about potentially coming across as rude.

Nevertheless, I hit send, without looking back to my phone as Zain's speaking some notes for us.

“I want everyone to initiate in any way,” Say pointed out, his words carrying a sense of urgency.

“As student leaders, we should approach this with critical thinking and style. Everything must be executed perfectly. Any questions?”

I raised my hand tentatively. “When will the campaign begin and the said debate?”

“That will be further announced by the head teachers. For now, let’s focus on preparing the designs and materials we will use for the upcoming campaign,” Zain interjected confidently.

“Got it,” I replied, nodding in understanding.

“Any more questions?” Zain inquired, scanning the group.

“None, Zain,” the others replied in unison.

“Okay, so I guess that’s it. If you have any more questions, we can discuss them through our group chats. Goodbye,” Zain concluded.

With a nod of agreement from everyone, the meeting drew to a close, and we began to disperse from the table.

“Goodbye, everyone,” Hazel while some members called out waving at her.

"Goodbye, See you," I waived back.

"You did great today, Celeste," Zain remarked, his playful lips drawing a smirk from me.

"I'm just doing what's best, though. Now, I need to go. I'm going to stop by somewhere first," I replied, gathering my belongings.

"Sure, sure, you may," Zain replied, his gaze lingering on me.

Without an umbrella, I hurried out of the coffee shop, my thoughts consumed by the impending rain.

However, as I stepped outside, I couldn't help but notice Matthias leaning against his McLaren Senna, a bouquet of red tulips in hand, looking effortlessly handsome in his white polo shirt and black trousers.

Confusion clouded my mind. How did he know I was here?

Glancing behind me, I caught sight of some members of our party list, giggling mischievously.

Approaching Matthias, I couldn't contain my bewilderment. "How did you know I was here?" I asked, my voice tinged with disbelief.

With a knowing smile, Matthias retrieved his phone from his pocket and showed me the text I had sent earlier.

"Oh, gosh," I muttered, feeling both embarrassed and touched by his gesture.

Handing me the bouquet, Matthias drew closer. "I've got you, baby. I'll help you decide," he whispered, opening the door of the car for me.

Stunned by his unexpected presence, I could only nod in response and took his bouquet while getting on his car.

What have I done?????