Day 29 - Punishment(Yandere Mud Dogs x Reader)

CW: kidnapping, loss of free will, breaking bones(?), snapped wrist and ankle, yandere themes, dark themes.

Danny stares at you while you draw on the couch, your shoulders hunched over the small notepad and pencil they had brought for you. You keep your eyes averted from Danny, not wanting to suggest an invitation for him to come closer. Leonard was right next to you, his eyes on the TV that was quietly playing the news. Reports of their recent crimes were being listed, as well as another call for their arrest and for people to report them if they were spotted. Mickey laughs at the broadcast, his droopy face in a wide grin. Danny's ear twitches, clearly hearing the TV as well, but not bothering to look. His eyes were still trained on you, making you sweat.

Your pencil glides across the paper, the quiet scratching of the graphite drowned out by the TV's volume. You didn't want to meet Danny's beady eyes, knowing that moment you looked, he would call you over. You shift on the couch, Leonard's attention shooting to you for a second. He rubs his hand through your hair for a moment before his attention returns to the TV, his hand moving to rest on your shoulder. Danny straightens up at the display, his face etched into a small frown. His whiskers twitch as he continues to stare, your hands shaking. You really didn't want him to make you get up.

"(Y/n)," He calls, making you tense. Leonard glances at the rat yōkai, his eyes curious. "Come here."

A second passes as you stare at the notepad you were drawing on, your grip on the pencil increasing greatly. Leonard nudges you on the shoulder, a small frown on his face as he tries to direct you towards Danny. You make no move to get up, only shrinking in on yourself. Danny's eyes darken, his hands folded as he leans forward on his knees.

"(Y/n)." He says more firmly, trying to call you over. You tense, an uneasy feeling in your gut. Danny opens his mouth to call you again, but you put down your pencil in frustration to cut him off.

"I heard you." You say fiercely, your eyes glaring at the rat. Danny's eyebrows raise at the small outburst, straightening his back as he sits up.

"Then why aren't you over here?"

You scowl, turning back to your drawing. "I don't want to."

There's a beat of silence in the room, Leonard staring down at you from where he sits on your side. Mickey even tore his gaze from the TV to stare you down, the eel's gaze flicking between you and Danny. Danny's jaw ticks to the side, his eyes narrowing. He continues to sit and stare at you for a moment longer before he gets up. You don't look at him, knowing he wasn't allowed to lay a hand on you. Since you had been taken, Leonard had kept the other two from causing you any major harm, even if you seriously screwed up.

Danny gets up from his chair and leans over you, his snout pulled into a snarl. "It wasn't a choice."

You glance up at him, letting your leg knock against Leonard's as you shrink away from the angry yōkai. You try to not look at him, hoping he'd back away if you sank into the couch enough. He doesn't, his figure hovering above yours while he sneers down at you. His beady eyes scan you for a moment, taking in the false carelessness you were desperately hanging onto.

He reaches over and grabs the notebook you were still drawing on, the lines shaky and crooked from your trembling hands. He mindlessly tosses the scratch pad over his shoulder, yanking your arm forward as he swings you up so you're being held on his shoulder by the junction of your hip and spine. You push against his back, looking to Leonard for help, but his eyes drift back to the TV. Your mind buzzes with confusion and concern, unsure why the leader of the group was letting you be carted off. Leonard had always stopped them before, pulling you away from the more sporadic members' harsh punishments. But now he only ignores your progressively more frantic calls, his eyes glued to the screen like you ever existed.

Mikey watches with a grin, his eyes glinting mischievously as he sticks his tongue out at you. Danny continues to haul you off, taking you into another room so he could do what had never been allowed before. You knew what you did was wrong in their eyes, but you never expected this to be their breaking point. You start to call out for Leonard, only for him to turn up the volume of the TV to drown your calls.

"Sorry sweetheart. You did this to yourself." Danny purrs, his grip tightening as he takes you into his room. Your heart lurches, your fingers crossed as you hoped dearly you would only be subjected to minor isolation for your show of insubordination, but Danny moves past the pile of blankets and pillows you were permitted to sleep on. He sets you on his bed with the gentleness of a lion, his eyes dark and shifty. You try to sit up but he shoves you back down, a look of warning shot down at you. Your leg rushes forward, an attempt to kick the rat away, but he simply grabs your ankle. His grip tightens as his face contorts into a more angered, beastly look. It was like he was truly becoming the monster he prized himself on being.

You start to scream from the pressure building on your ankle, your bones stressing under his grip. A loud pop followed by a quieter snap hits your ears, your mind processing the sound faster than it can the blinding pain. You scream, the initial feeling of your joints popping unnaturally sending shocks of agony through your limb.

Danny drops your foot and leans over you, grabbing your chin to make you face him. You whimper, your eyes watery and face red from withheld screams. He tsks at you, squeezing your cheeks twice and watching them pudge up. "You know this is your fault, right?"

Your eyes water as you try to take your head back, the pain slowly morphing into a dull ache as long as you don't try to move it. Danny doesn't wait for you to answer, his other hand traveling to your wrist. You don't have time to even protest before he does the same thing to your wrist, letting your body crumple and hand go limp. You don't scream this time, biting hard on your cheek to keep the pain inside as you try not to sob.

"Don't you ever ignore me like that again." He hisses, pulling your face towards his own. You continue to let your face puff, trying to keep down any noises that give in to your pain. Danny watches you struggle with this, a smile finally gracing him once more. It was evil, the same one that he donned when he found you after your first escape attempt. You try to pull your face back from him, but he holds firm, his voice a harsh rasp as he looks down at you. "Leonard won't always protect you. You need to stop being such a brat. Try this again, and no matter what Leonard says to it, I'm breaking both of your legs. Understand?"

You nod tearfully, a small whimper escaping your closed lips. Danny leans back, satisfied. He seems smug now, happy he was both allowed and able to beat you into submission once more. "Good. Now don't forget it."

And with that, he lets go, turning around and leaving you on the bed to get bandages and medicine for your pain. You sink down, pulling your limp wrist to your chest so you could cradle it while he is gone, trying not to cry. What little protection and power you held seemed to be gone, and you weren't sure how long you could survive without Leonard's protective stance on the punishments. You blink back tears, sucking in a big breath to calm yourself a tad. If you were lucky, he'd fight for you again tomorrow, and this would all be a bad day on the calendar. A nightmare, or a warning, but nothing more.

Gosh you hoped so.

---

Words: 1399

Posted: 10.29.23

A/N, not important: This was really hard to write. Not because I couldn't do it, but because I didn't want to. I didn't start writing until 3pm and then took a break until 1am. I wish coffee worked because I'm tired. Thank goodness it's Sunday ig. Sorry this one's a bit rough, I'll probably rewrite it in the future. Any criticism is welcome, constructive or not. This is supposed to be a gender neutral reader, so if I screwed up somewhere, please tell me.