Sunset 8

"Oh there you both are! I was about to call you both for lunch. Come sit." Scarlette's mom said while bringing the meals to the table.

"Here, Let me help you." Ivy said taking the bowl from scarlette's mother's hand.

"No, you're the guest here. How can i let you do the work?" Scarlette's mom retorted taking back the food from ivy's hand.

"No no its fine. Moreover how can I sit and watch when adults are working for us." She said before helping Scarlette's mom anyways.

"Learn something from her Scarlette." Scarlette's mom said to scarlette making ivy bite back a laugh from behind her while setting the table which didn't go unnoticed by scarlette and it unknowingly bought a smile on her own.

"From her?? She only sits and bites at apples in her own house." Scarlette said while sitting on the table without a worry of helping her mother. Ivy gave her the stare with squinted eyes which said 'say one more word and you'll see what happens next.'

"That's still something to learn about. Atleast she eats healthy unlike you and your brother. Eating junk all the time." Scarlette's mom said while bringing the pot of rice from kitchen making scarlette scoff.

"Why am I being dragged? I didn't even say anything?" Scarlette's brother yelled from across the room. Ivy really liked the family. They felt so much like home.   

Scarlette's mom ignored it before saying "Ivy you should sit too. You have helped me enough." with that she left to call scarlette's father.

Scarlette took out an apple from fruit basket before handing her one making her confused. "and bite this healthy shit like you always do." Scarlette added making ivy chuckle.

Richard came to the dinning table and decided to sit next to ivy right opposite to his original seat. "What are you both talking about?"

"Your dumbass." Scarlette said pointing at her brother.

"You are the dumb one here and don't even force ivy into talking sh!t. She's my partner in game."

"And before that she's MY partner." Scarlette said possesively.

"Are you two fighting like cat and dog again?" Scarlette's mom yelled at them making ivy laugh. She came along with scarlette's father.

He had that intimidating stare that made both of them shut up and ivy looked down contemplating how to greet him. Scarlette's mom looked much easier to get along with. Infact she started the talk which made it easy for ivy. But right now she was sweating profusely.

Scarlette noticed that. She knew her father could get pretty scary sometimes but other times he's very sweet. So, she put her hand on ivy's to calm her down which made ivy look up at her and smile.

Everyone sat on the table and ivy decided to greet scarlette's father as everyone was quiet but before she could say anything, scarlette started talking. "Dad, this is ivy my classmate."

"Um Hello uncle!" Scarlette's dad looked at ivy shortly before digging into the food.

"So, you're in same grade as scarlette?" He asked. His voice monotonous.

"Yes uncle."

"Hm. You seem familiar." Scarlette's dad said.

"Oh... You must've seen me in one of the school meetings." Ivy said making scarlette's dad nod.

"Whats your father's name?" He asked out of nowhere.

"His name is Stephen Morgan." Ivy replied without hesitation. She always loved her father and it had been a while someone asked for her father's name.