Sunset 4

Scarlette and Ivy reached the school together. Scarlette took her seat first and then Ivy was about to take her seat but she didnt notice a leg slipping in her way.

Ivy felt that she was about to fall on the groud but then she felt a hand on her waist, holding her. She opened her eyes to see scarlette's face way too close to her which made her breathe hitch.

Scarlette left her waist when Ivy got stable on her legs. She grabbed the boy's collar in anger "What the hell was that?"

"Yo chill, it was just a small prank." The boy said laughing as he removed scarlette's hand from his collar.

"Yeah prank that 5 y/o kinder graden kids do." Scarlette said rolling her eyes.

"Well, my leg slipped. She should've seen that coming." The boy shrugged while laughing.

Scarlette smirked and pushed the boy backward making him fall on the ground "Well my hand slipped. You should've seen that coming."

"You-" The boy got cut off by the teacher entering the class.

"You dont have to make everyone your enemy just because of me." Ivy whispered to scarlette.

"They gotta be stopped otherwise they'd go on extreme levels just because you dont say anything." Scarlette whispered back.

The class was about to end when teacher announced about a project. "Not again." Students said and sighed.

"So this project is supposed to be done in groups of two. I hope you all would decide your partners and i wont have to decide that for y'all." The teacher announced as she left the classroom.

Every student started talking about who will be whose partner for the project.

"We should do this project together. What do you think?" Scarlette asked Ivy who nodded and said okay.

Suddenly, Noah approached them "Ivy would you like to be my partner... for the project?"

"Um sorry but- Scarlette and me have already decided on doing this together." Ivy said feeling guilty for saying no.

"Oh. All of our friends have already decided and now I'm just all alone." Noah's tone made Ivy feel even more guilty.

She thought 'If i weren't here then maybe scarlette and noah would've done the project together and noah wouldn't have to pair up with someone else. I just ruined the friend group.'

"Maybe we can grab a coffee to make up for that." Ivy said offering even tho she knew it wont solve anything.

"A date, you mean? I'm not opposed to that." Noah laughed and Scarlette clenched her fist. Scarlette's heart panged at the word 'date'. It was something she had never felt before.

"Right. Something like that." Ivy whispered quietly. She glanced at scarlette and saw a weird emotion flash through her eyes.

"So tomorrow?" Noah asked and ivy just nodded. When noah left she looked at scarlette and asked "Did i do right?"

"I mean its your life. You can go on dates with whoever." Scarlette for the first time talked to her with an uninterested and flat tone.

"I mean, you're my friends thats why I asked..." Ivy said

"I dont know." Scarlette curtly replied.

"Did i do something wrong? Why are you replying so curtly?" Ivy asked.

"You didnt." Scarlette yet again replied curtly which broke Ivy's heart.

The whole day went by and Scarlette was behaving weirdly with Ivy. Even scarlette didnt know why she was doing this.

They were walking home in complete silence. No one said anything. Ivy saw scarlette lost in her thoughts when she said. "Where are we gonna do the project?"

"You decide." Scarlette replied.

"My mom will go to work in the evening. So, maybe at my home? At 4pm or so?" Ivy asked looking at scarlette who kept her eye on the road.

"Ok." Scarlette said. Ivy tried to hold her hand by scarlette retracted her own hand saying "My house is here. Bye."

Ivy saw scarlette disappear in the alley as she sighed.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ivy checked on herself in the mirror for nth time. She didn't know why she was feeling so nervous. She re-setted her hairs as she waited for clock to tick 4.

She heard the door bell ring as she went near it and opened to door just to scarlette standing there looking so beautiful. She couldn't even blink.

Scarlette cleared her throat which made Ivy realise that she was staring at scarlette which made her blush.

"Come in." Ivy said to scarlette who was standing by the door. They both went to Ivy's room which was comfy and welcoming. They both sat on the bed.

"Do you want something to eat before we start?" Ivy asked looking at scarlette who was still looking around this room.

"Um no its fine." Scarlette replied as she opened her own bag where she had research papers and some topics on which they had to do the project.

They started doing the project. Ivy tried to talk to her but scarlette would either reply curtly or would only talk about project.

Scarlette turned to glance at what Ivy was doing. She looked at Ivy's laptop which Ivy was using to research. Scarlette lifted her head to look at ivy but Ivy was already looking at her.

No one dared to break to the eye contact. Scarlette's eyes widened when Ivy suddenly leaned in and kissed her. Scarlette was way too shocked at first but then she responded to the kiss.

The kiss didnt last long as Ivy broke the kiss. "Oh god I- I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just- I lost the only friend i had. didnt- " Ivy's panick got cut off when scarlette said.

"Wanna do that again?"