5: On the run

A/N- Surprise! double update!

     I told my dad I'd love to have a little cook out at our house and have my friends over. When he heard my idea, he was thrilled, and said he would prepare everything and to just tell my friends when to come, they didn't have to worry about bringing anything. But I'm not going to let my free loading friends just come and get free food, so when I tell them about the news on Monday at lunch, I add in that they should bring sodas or chips.

November 8th

"When will this be?" Larry asks.

"He said Saturday afternoon at a local park, because there's a grill there,"

"I'll be there," Sal smiles from beneath his prosthetic.

Everyone agrees to going, even Chug and Maple. I told Todd he should invite Neil and he said he was happy to do so. I also told them if any of their parents or family wanted to come, they were more than welcome to join us.

After lunch I walk with Sal to my next class. I have PE and he doesn't, but his class is sort of in the same direction, and he was bored so he came along with me. We were having an entertaining conversation before our favorite person showed up to ruin it.

"Hello you two," Travis chuckles in a somewhat menacing way.

"Oh hooray, just who I wanted to see," I sigh.

"Hold your tongue bitch girl,"

I roll my eyes. You'd think he'd have some variety of insults to spit out at any moment, but he really just says the same ones every time, along with his favorite slurs. I've lost any respect I had for Travis (which was none), and his words really don't hold any meaning. I've heard that he's beat up other students before, but he's never been physical towards me, and he has stayed away from Sal for the most part recently.

"Ok cut to the chase Travis, what do you want today? Don't tell me you went out of your way just to come over here and insult me! I feel so honored!" I snicker. He hates when he's mocked, which is super funny to me.

"Don't flatter yourself," he grunts. He takes a step forward, "I was just looking for a reason to beat your ass!"
I don't want to stick around for his little attack, so I grab Sal's arm and run in the opposite direction. We sprint at top speed down the hall and past some confused looking students, but when they see Travis following behind them, they seem to understand what's happening, and clear to the sides of the hall, making room for us to run. Some brave souls even try to trip Travis, but they weren't successful.

"Katie where they hell are we going?!" Sal says trying to catch his breath, "We are running farther away from our classes!"

"Trust me, we'll just run all the way around and Travis won't be able to catch us,"

"You can't run forever!" Travis yells from behind us.

I look back for a quick second and see Travis with a bright red face. He's definitely getting tired and should give up on the chase any second. I stick out my tongue, taunting him more, and he tries to run faster, but he can't catch up to my athletic ass.

Sal is dying next to me and is slowing me down. We go around a corner and we are almost to the backway to the gym, which means Sal is close to his next class.

Suddenly, I see Larry standing around in the hallway, I yell out his name and he looks at us in confusion.

"Come on run with us!" I laugh.