Prologue

Lyra Potter was sitting alone by the Black Lake on a Saturday afternoon, after the death of her godfather questioning why her life turned out like this. "Where did it all go wrong" she thought to herself. She felt as if she was missing yet another part of herself.

"My parents, godmother (Alice Longbottom) Marlene McKinnon, Docaras Medows, Mary McDonald (all of which see once saw as her aunts), Cedric Diggory, and now my godfather Sirius. How much more can I loose?" She muttered to herself bitterly, but after naming almost everyone she had lost she could not shake the impression that she was missing someone or a group of people at that. It was as if she was missing apart of herself she had never met.

Sirius Black to anyone else in this world was the escaped murderer and the reason that James and Lily Potter were dead, but not to Lyra or the Order of the Phoenix. Sirius Black the escaped convict or as Lyra knew him as her loving godfather, one of the only parental figures she had left, was now dead. The name Bellatrix Lestrange plagued her mind. The only thing Lyra wanted at this moment in time was revenge. She didn't want sympathy that's for sure yet that seemed to be the only thing she received.

Ronald Wealsey and Hermione Granger her two supposed best friends were ignoring her, Fred and George had dropped out of school, Ginny and Luna were to wrapped up in the end to year exams to be with her at every living moment. The only person Lyra believed that she could turn to was her god brother, Neville Longbottom the person she was closest to in the school someone who she saw as her brother, but even with all the trust she had in the boy she still had something holding her back from confiding in him.

She felt alone. Actually she had never felt so alone in her life even when she was living with the Dursley's.

Remus Lupin one of her father's best friends, someone who Lyra saw as an uncle was currently working at Hogwarts as a replacement Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. Remus always thought he would be seen as a monster in the wizarding world if anyone found out about what he was, but when Dumbledore allowed him to go to Hogwarts he met his best friend's, James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Petergriew, the Marauders. The Marauders were a brotherhood and that did not change when the three boys found out what their friend was, instead they decided that they were going to find a way to help him during the full moon. Remus could not believe it when they didn't un-friend he would have completely understood if they did and in all honesty he was expecting them to, but they stood by him and they became animagi. The boys would also have to remind Remus that he was not a monster from time to time, James had the most unique way of cheering him up when he was down he would say "of course I'm not scared of you Moony you fold your sock for damn sake you just have a furry little problem." Even though Remus hated being a werewolf he couldn't deny that it did come with some perks like enhanced healing, hearing and strength, and his favourite perk was he could tell if people he cared about emotions changed. Like his niece Lyra.

Remus had recently noticed the massive change in Lyra's emotions and of course he had suspected the change he didn't think it would be this traumatic, but who was he to judge the young woman he calls his niece had lost almost everyone she cared about. Another thing he had noticed is that his nieces friends were distancing themselves from her he knew she felt alone but he couldn't do anything about it as he knew she would not listen to him when he would say that Sirius's death was not her fault "that girl is more stubborn than her mother and father combined" he would tell himself every time he saw the girl. Remus tried to show Lyra support in every way possible but he knew she didn't want sympathy so decided not to show it to her, but he did offer a shoulder to cry on as the 16 year old girl put way to much pressure on herself, and he knew deep down that she blamed herself for the death of her parents as well as Cedric and Sirius but he also knew that no matter how hard he tried she would always blame herself even when it was not her fault at all. He couldn't help but think of her mother when he looked at the girl, anyone who had met Lily would have know that Lyra was her daughter not because they looked similar but because their personalities were practically the same, you could tell that the daughter had inherited her mother's selfless traits.