The tip of the iceberg

2018 Summer break

LeClerc's POV:

I opened my eyes and Max was lying next to me in bed. I thought I was still dreaming. I was indescribably happy, but I knew that when he woke up he would ask about yesterday's cuts, which I didn't want. I caressed his face with my right hand and then kissed his forehead and sat up in the bed. I grabbed my phone and went into the bathroom. I undressed and just as I was about to enter the shower, a notification came on my phone. That's when I saw the plain beige wallpaper and case that it was Max's phone. I saw a message from Daniel, but I didn't want to read it, so I quickly took it out to the bedside table and saw that Max was still sleeping peacfully. I could watch him for hours, but I was fully naked so I went back to shower.

Verstappen's POV:

As soon as I woke up, I recognized the room where I was. I remembered everything from the previous day. Even if some parts would rather be forgotten. For some reason, a warm feeling came over me when I thought back to our conversation yesterday and the knowledge that I was lying in Charles's bed. I turned over in bed but Charles was not next to me. I was already starting to feel worried when I heard the sound of the shower coming from the bathroom. I sat up in bed and saw 2 phones on the bedside table. I grabbed one, but as soon as I saw the wallpaper I knew it wasn't mine. It was a Ferrari logo and I saw that it was only 7am. Which surprised me a bit because I didn't think Charles would be such an early riser. I grabbed my own phone and saw that Daniel texted. I opened WhatsApp and saw what he wrote:

Daniel: Hey dutchiemutchie where are ya? I knocked on the door but u were not home. We were suppose to go run at 6:30...

Me: Hi Danny sorry but I totally forgot it, I'm at Charles'

Dan: Y are ya there??? Buddy y are ya so strange lately??

Me: I promise I will tell you everything but I need time. We can go for a run tomorrow ok?

Dan: Yeah ofc. Just kn that you can tell me anything, I won't judge u. See you tomorrow?

Me: Yesyesyes, I have to go now

Dan: Okkkkay mate, have fun love yaaaa lil bro😎😘

Daniel is my best friend, I share almost everything with him, he is my support. I'm going to tell him about Charles too at some point, but I don't know when or how. I know I shouldn't be afraid of his reaction, but I am. But I also thought that he might have sensed that I had feelings for Charles. I didn't know which was worse, if he didn't guess and found out from me, or if he already expected it and wasn't surprised. Or if he finds out from someone else... But after such a good night, I didn't want to worry so much, so I put down the phone and went into the bathroom. I could still hear the shower but it didn't bother me. I wanted to be with Charles. I tried to close the door as quietly as possible so that he wouldn't hear that I came in and it was successful. I took off my clothes and threw them on the floor. Charles had his back to me. I went under the shower and felt the hot water running over my body. I put my arms around Charles's waist, which made him a little jump. I turned his head to the side with my right hand and kissed him softly. His eyes were wide and I could see tears in them even though he was smiling now facing me.

"I don't want to have sex, just wanted to surprise you... but I can go out if you feel uncomfortable!" -I said worriedly

"No no no! You can stay! I want you to!" -he said kissing me