Chapter 8: Wedding

You spent the majority of the next week with Rakesh, letting him take you to the company building and back to his house. You often ended up listening to him rant for a while, but he soon would calm down and you two would do something else, like watching a movie or playing a game. Rakesh was usually super angry, but you managed to get him to relax and chill out for a while, reducing his distress. Paru initially asked what was up, but once you explained that you were just trying to calm Rakesh down she didn't say anything else, understanding. Sony and Ashok's wedding was the next weekend, and Paru asked you to go with her, to which you said yes, even though you weren't sure how Rakesh would take it. 

You and Rakesh were currently in his theatre room, watching Mirchi. You had brought a pint of your favorite ice cream to share, and Rakesh had stocked the room with your favorite snacks, Little Hearts, Bourbon biscuits, Hide and Seek biscuits, chips, etc. You were watching the movie, whooping as Prabhas fought off men trying to kill his family, not noticing how Rakesh's attention was all on you. His heart skipped a beat as you laughed and your dimples appeared, wanting to kiss your cheeks right there. 

You ate a spoonful of your ice cream when you saw him looking at you with a soft smile on his face. You extended the container out, offering him a bite, when he took your spoon and ate from it. 

"Your spoon is right there," you pointed out. 

"Oh really? I guess I must have missed it," Rakesh said innocently. You narrowed your eyes at him but didn't say anything else. 

The two of you continued to watch the movie, with Rakesh slowly moving closer to you and placing his arm on the back of the couch behind you. You noticed, giving him a questioning look, which he basically ignored and gave you a biscuit to distract you. 

Once the movie was over, you moved to put away the snacks and clean up any remaining crumbs. 

"Hey, don't worry, the maids will take care of it." Rakesh tried to stop you, but you ignored him, flashing him a smile. 

You sat back down on the couch. "Rakesh... I don't know if you've heard, but Sony's wedding is tomorrow." His expression immediately dropped and his brows furrowed in anger. "Paru is planning to go, and she asked me to come with her," you said, worried for his reaction. 

He huffed and turned away from you. "I can't believe she's encouraging this, and you too."

"Rakesh, come on, it's not like that. I feel bad for Sony, she must feel so alone. We just want to go to see her, and make sure she's doing okay." You placed a hand on his shoulder, slowly turning him towards you. "Please, don't be upset."

Rakesh sighed, unable to say no to you. "Do what you want, but just be careful." You smiled, taking his hands in yours. 

"Thank you Rakesh."

---

Paru and you were on your way to the wedding at Srinu's house. Suresh and Ajay insisted on dropping you and picking you up, but Rakesh didn't want to come, to your disappointment. Paru wore a netted black saree with a backless blouse, while you opted for a grey saree with a sleeveless, tied blouse. Srinu, Satya, and Chinni greeted you guys near the entrance, and Abhi was engaging the kids with magic as you entered. You immediately went to go talk to Sony, who was taking pictures with guests in the front. 

The two of you went in for a hug, and Paru gifted her with a necklace while you gifted her with gold bangles and diamond earrings. 

"You look so pretty Sony," Paru commented, you nodding your head in agreement.

Sony looked at both of you. "Guys, how are my parents?" You took a deep breath, ready to answer. 

"Your dad is not coming out, and Rakesh is still pretty upset."