Chapter 10: Magic?

The next morning, you woke up at around 8 AM. Paru was still sleeping peacefully, so as any friend would, you took a couple of pictures of her and went to go brush your teeth.

You slowly stepped outside of your room, trying to be as quiet as possible. You made your way to the kitchen, ready to make of your usual morning tea. The maid was there, cleaning up the mess from last night. Feeling guilty, you moved to help her, clearing out empty cans and wrappers. 

"Ayyo madam, I can take care of this, you just relax," the maid told you. 

You smiled at her. "It's okay, I helped make the mess so I should help clean it." The maid tried to argue but you were too stubborn, so she relented. The two of you quickly cleaned up and you made your tea, filling a small cup to the brim and carefully bringing it to the balcony. It was still really hot, so you just held the cup between your hands, letting the warmth seep into your fingers, and took small sips occasionally. 

"Already up?" A voice startled you, causing you to take a big sip and choke, burning your tongue and throat.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry," Rakesh said, ordering the maid to bring some water. He patted your back until you stopped coughing. Your eyes bleary with tears, you shook your head.

"You're fine." You waved away his apology. "Did everyone else wake up?"

"No, it's just you and me. The other guys are still knocked out, and I don't think Paru came out of the room yet." He paused, taking you in. "I didn't know you had glasses."

"Oh, oh yeah. I have really bad eyesight actually, but I usually wear contacts. I'm just scared of losing or breaking my glasses, and honestly, I just look uglier with my glasses on, haha."

Rakesh just looked at you. You looked adorable in the morning, with messy hair, a slightly puffy face, glasses, holding a cup of tea cutely. He wanted to hug you so badly. "That's a lie. You actually look very cute in the morning." He smiled down at you.

You looked up at him in surprise. "...thank you." 

"Hey y/n! Come inside, we have to get ready!" Paru had finally woken up, and called you back inside. You left, Rakesh's eyes following your figure. 

---

Chow-chow had made his way into Gold-phase, trying to meet up with Paru's puppy, Tinkle. Seeing this, Rakesh and his friends had used their dogs to corner him, and they attacked him, leaving him in need of serious medical care. Rakesh, Suresh, Ajay, and Nagi had then beat up Srinu and Abhi, finally taking revenge for Sony's wedding and Abhi's comments towards Paru. You had been hanging out in the office with Lakshmi, blissfully unaware as to what was happening. 

Paru approached Rakesh and Suresh, furious. "How could you do that? What did that dog do to you?" She glared at Rakesh, who just shook his head.

"They're B-phase dogs, Paru, I don't know when you will understand. They literally stole my sister from me. They deserve this," he said,

"You know what, I'm going to tell y/n what you all did, she'll teach you a lesson." Paru pulled out her phone, ready to call you. 

"No no, please don't tell her. She'll be super mad at me," Rakesh pleaded. Feeling bad for him, and knowing how much he liked you, Paru hesitated. 

"...I'll let it go just this one time, but if you do anything like this again, I'm going to tell her everything. Including the whole drone camera plan you guys had," Paru threatened, waving her finger at them. She left with a huff, putting her phone away. Rakesh exhaled, thankful that you wouldn't get to know about this.

---

The next day, Paru told you she was going to meet Abhi. 

"You want to learn magic from him? What about all of the hard work I put in to teach you singing and dance," you said, dramatically putting your hand over your forehead.