Chapter 8: Is it Hate?

My mind was really elsewhere in that moment.

Just, what the fuck happened there? Was it the alcohol i had in my body? Was it that she was drunk as well, was it maybe that...we wanted to do it in reality?

Too many questions, yet I couldn't answer none.

"So...that was something, dweeb."

She said in a soft tone, still trying to catch her breath while her head stood still, laying on my shoulder as her chest moved slowly up and down.
Her eyes were dreamy, almost closed; they were looking right in front of her at the wall.

"Yeah, I guess."

I replied back glancing quickly at her before looking away, not knowing really how to do. It was really a strange situation to begin with, and I didn't want to make it harder on myself, but before I could stand up, she opened her lips and spoke again.

"Uhm, hey Woods...can I ask you something?"

She said, standing up and moving in front of me, and after cupping my cheeks and moving my head to face her, she asked.

"What are we now?"

Fuck.

That was the last thing I could expect and I didn't have an answer yet, but before I could even try to respond, the door flung open and there sat Noel with a group of three people in front of it, laughing and joking before shutting up immediately as their eyes met with the scene that was unfolding.

A single sound eventually came out of my lips.

"Damnit."

And then the small group erupted in a chaos that rivaled the moment when LeBron blocked Iguadala.

Carol ran towards her t-shirt as I roughly pulled up my pants and I then grabbed my own t-shirt, rushing out of the bathroom and out of the house.

Things kept getting worse, and I couldn't do a single thing to block them.

And as I was basically marching away from the party, Noel was blowing up my phone trying to ask me what the fuck happened in that bathroom, or where was I for the past 20 minutes.
And most importantly, why the fuck I was with Carol Howard.

The night was going so damn fast, I couldn't even remember the moment I stepped inside mine and Ethan's room; speaking of him, he was reading a book and writing on his desk when I crashed in, making him jolt his head up and turn to face me with a confused expression on his face.

"Can I ask wha-"
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck"

I couldn't stay still, I was moving around in the room like I saw a damn ghost, until Ethan's hands blocked me by putting them on my shoulders, making me look into his ocean eyes.

"Aaron, chill the fuck out. What happened?"
"I just fucked Carol Howard"

His face dropped instantly, and he just sat there staring at me, before eventually speaking again.

"What?"
"You heard me, I'm fucked"
"Relax Aaron, you are fine"
"Nah man, I'm that kind of fucked"

I started to walk around the room again, pacing back and forth while fiddling with my hands, but I really couldn't concentrate on any of my thoughts, my body was really against me in that moment, and it didn't help that I was still a bit tipsy from all the alcohol I drank at the party.

I had so many thoughts inside my head, ranging from "was it just a one time?" or "maybe she was expecting something else?" and of course, the classic "it was the alcohol for sure".

But the only thing that was keeping me feel like shit was one particular sensation that I couldn't wrap my head around:

My heart was beating insanely fast and hard, and I didn't know if it was for the run or the situation, or most importantly...her.

                                ~~~<•>~~~

The next day I woke up feeling the worst headache I had in a while, my body slumped over the bed with one of my legs touching the ground and my shoe still on.

Ethan was there too, but at least he was still sleeping fine, laying down on his bed with a peaceful expression in his face.

I couldn't really tell anything that I was doing, my body was still recovering from that hangover, when I looked at the phone, and woo boy, I had a lot of messages, the most coming from Noel himself, who was continuing to ask about the bathroom.

But, in the middle of my texting a response, there was a knock on the door.

Strange, I didn't invited him, nor I remembered if someone was coming anyway.

I made my way to the door, and when I opened it, my eyes met with two pair of green hues, ones I met just 6 hours earlier; Carol Howard was standing there, and the moment our eyes met, she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room, dragging me a further out into the hallway.

"What are you-"
"You...You are a real asshole, Aaron Woods"

She said immediately, before turning around and blocking me to the wall, looking deeply into my eyes, with a blush that covered her face.

"Why didn't you respond to my question?"
"Which one? Because-"
"Don't play the fool, Woods, you know which one"

She really wanted me to have an answer to a question like that, but what could I say? I didn't know myself, but...I tried anyway to find something that could be satisfying for her.

"What are we? We are...something, teacup"
"And what's that something?"

My head moved further a bit, making our foreheads touch, and our eyes closed a bit, letting a sliver out, while her breath picked up immediately, sensing something inside pur bodies.
"We are something more serious than other things are, but I think our feelings are very different from the "normal" ones"
"W-what...do you mean?"

"Do you hate me, Howard?"
"Yeah, I can't stand you"
"And that goes the same for me, teacup"

The more we talked, the more our bodies leaned into each others, and it was a sensation that was unknown to me at first, and most importantly, to her.

"So why are you so close to me, Howard?"
"I don't know, Woods, that's why I wanted to ask you"

Her arms were wrapped around my neck, while mine were slowly moving on her waist, my fingers dancing on the fabric of her shirt.

"What did you do to me?"
"I made you mine"