8

Fool

"There's nothing to explain. I was a fool, thinking you really love me. We're in two different worlds after all..."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The day of the finals came in no time. Airi dragged Ritsuki, Kenji, Kara and Mary with her, to watch the match.

"Kōshi!", the girl called out to her boyfriend who was about to enter the court. He turned around and walked towards her. "Oh you're here! Thanks for coming Airi!", he smiled. "Good luck! You have to win alright?", she smiled. "We will!", he replied with a confident smile.

Kōshi placed a gentle kiss on his girlfriends lips and walked onto the court, while Airi made her way up to the seats.

———

"Sugawara is a good guy, I hope you two don't break up too soon.", Mary mentioned, while they waited for the match to begin. "Yeah! He treats you so well! He's definitely a keeper.", Kara smiled. Ritsuki nodded in agreement and soon enough, the match started.

Throughout the whole match, they were having a good time, except for Kenji. Airi noticed that her seemed oddly quiet today.

"Kenji? Are you feeling unwell?", Airi asked and turned to her right, where Kenji was sitting. He just slightly shook his head.

———

"And it's match ball for Karasuno highschool!", the commentator said in excitement. Everyone was tense, waiting for that last ball to drop on the opponent's side.

It was silent, the ball rolled away and seconds later, everyone jumped up in joy. Karasuno had won the match.

———

"That was such a good match!", Airi said while her and her friends were standing in the main hall, waiting for the volleyball team to come. "I can't believe they won!", Mary said.

"Where's Kara?", Airi asked and looked around, searching for her friend. "She's using the restroom. She'll come back any second.", Ritsuki said. Airi couldn't even answer before Kenji grabbed her and pulled her away into a quiet corner.

"What? What are you doing?", Airi asked in confusion. "There's no anniversary right? Your 3 years anniversary is in 2-", she was interrupted by Kenji. He grabbed her and forcefully placed a kiss on her lips.

"Airi! Let's- ", Kōshi has seen them walking into that corner. The boy stood there, watching them in complete disbelieve.

Airi freed herself from Kenji's tight grip and pushed him away. She frantically looked at Kōshi, who was on the urge of tears. "Kōshi! Please! Let me explain!", she called out but the boy walked away in disappointment.

Airi was about to go after him but Kenji grabbed her by the wrist, stopping her from following her boyfriend. "Let go of me Kenji! Are you insane!? Why would you kiss me!?", she scolded him with tears in her eyes. "Don't you get it!? I only dated Kara to get closer to you! The one I wanted was always you!", he explained frantically.

"Kenji..what?", Karas voice appeared. Airi and Kenji turned around and saw Kara standing there. The moment Kenji's and Kara's eyes met, the sadness of feeling betrayed turned into anger. She walked toward Kenji and gave him a tight slap across the face. "I can't believe you.", Kara said, trembling with rage. "Come on Airi.", Kara said and grabbed Airi by the wrist before pulling her away, leaving Kenji there.

"I'm sorry Kara but I've got to explain things to Kōshi!", Airi said in panic and pulled her arm away. "Now you're still thinking about Sugawara? Are you serious Airi?", Kara questioned in disbelief. "I'm really sorry Kara! I'll be back in no time!", she said before running off in Kōshis direction.

"I thought we are best friends...", Kara murmured under her breath and tears came running down her face.

"Kōshi! Wait! Please!", Airi caught up with her boyfriend and grabbed his arm. "What do you want!? Why don't you go back to your best friend's boyfriend and make out with him!?", the boy said with teary eyes. "It was not what it looked like! Let me explain, please!"

"There's nothing to explain Airi. I was a fool thinking you really love me. We're in two different worlds after all.."

He gently removed Airi's hand from his arm and walked away to the bus of the volleyball club.

Tears came running down the girl's face, as she watched the boy she loves so much walk away.

Away from her.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Chapter 8! I realized just now that I fucked up 😝Since 2020 i thought sugas first name is written with a c "Kōchi" but I always wondered why ever wrote it with an s. So I looked it up just now and I realized I've been writing his name wrong for the past 3 years 😭😭. But I corrected everything just now!!
Next chapter in 2 - 3 days!