Thirty Four | Rebellion Of Love

Devika :

Devika :

"He gave you a partnership offer?", He asked taken aback.
"Yes. I don't know why he would do that, but I kind of rejected it.", I said. His arms were still around my waist, we sat facing each other.

He drew in a deep breath.

"I doubt he's up to any good.", He said thoughtfully.
"I guess I should take his partnership.", I said.
He looked up, with a raised brow.
"He's clearly the enemy, Ram. I must get to know the enemy.. you know keep your friends close, but enemies closer.", I said.

I saw him stiffen immediately.

"No.. I can't push you into this.", He said immediately.
"Ram.. trust me.", I said.
He drew in a deep breath.
"I trust you, but not my fate Devika. I can't risk you in this gamble.", He said simply.

He looked up at me.
The eyes spoke.
The spoke of fear. He was afraid.

I cupped his face with my hands, as lovingly as possible.
"Why? Why are you so scared?", I asked softly.
"I just cannot lose you.", He whispered.

I drew in a deep breath.
"And you won't, Ram. I know that man is upto no good, and I must know why. Don't worry. I'm here for you.", I said softly.

"Leela but—"
"Trust me with this, Rajaji."

Vohra Headquarters.

I strode into his cabin, drawing in a deep breath.
Akhilesh looked up at me, amused and impressed.

"So glad you joined me. I am sure we'll make a great team.", He said beaming.
I forced him a smile. I looked around his cabin, dressed in beige and white.

I took a seat before him and sat.
I wore a white shirt with black trousers, hair tied up in a pony tail and light make up.

"So.. what should I do?", I asked, forcing the smile.
"Ah yes.", He said pushing a couple of files towards me, "These files need to be verified. My assistant is outside, she'll explain it to you."

"Akhilesh.. you know I have no idea about any of this.", I said awkwardly.
"I know.. but you're not exactly here for these. I am onto starting a Dance Academy down here, I'll need you for setting that up."

I straightened up.

"But.."
"I'll just clear the deal with the investors and we can get to that.", He said smoothly.
I drew in a deep breath.

"There's something you want to ask?", Akhilesh asked.
"Akhilesh.. you know Aviram is my husband. And you have been stealing his deals—"

"I am doing business, you mean.", I said smoothly interupting as he sat back on his seat.
"There are ethics to business. And this looks like a personal grudge.", I stated clearly.
"It is.", He said casually.