thirty •

I had Officer Chen as my partner today, I was finally feeling good about being on the force.

We were currently responding to a routine call, domestic. They weren't uncommon, and they never got less upsetting.

As we arrived at the location, it was a seemingly quiet suburban house. I found it somewhat eerie that such a quiet house had a domestic call. Both Chen and I cautiously approached, both seemingly not prepared for the danger that lurked inside.

Upon entering the front of the building (whilst Chen entered through the back) I wasconfronted by a desperate and dangerous suspect. Using sharp instincts, I quickly recognised the suspect as the same man who had kidnapped me a year ago.

Panic set in as I realised the gravity of this situation. The suspect seized the opportunity, with alarming speed he took advantage of my frozen stance. He used my own handcuffs to cuff me, then unclipped my weapons belt.

He had overpowered me once again. I was unable to react.

Officer Chen had been quick to spring into action. She attempted to pursue the suspect, but he was too intelligent. Too prepared for our attempts. He'd managed to evade Chen, roughly placing me in his boot before he disappeared from the house.

Chen had been unable to get any details on the car, but luckily she had details on the man's appearance.

Back at the scene, Officer Chen radioed for backup. Her voice was steady, despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins. Every available unit was utilised and set into action. The entire LAPD was put on high alert.

Time seemed to blur into a chaotic whirlwind. I was trapped in the trunk of the suspect's car, my thoughts racing as fear and adrenaline surged through me. Memories of my past ordeal resurfaced, intensifying the terror. I struggled against the handcuffs, desperate to free myself, but the metal dug into my wrists, a painful reminder of my vulnerability.

Inside the trunk, the darkness enveloped me, and every bump on the road sent shockwaves of panic through my body. I tried to stay composed, to think of a way out, but the fear threatened to consume me.

Meanwhile, back at the scene, Officer Chen was a force to be reckoned with. She coordinated with other officers, directing the search efforts with precision and determination. The entire LAPD mobilized, a united front against the threat that had taken me captive once again.

Hours passed, each moment feeling like an eternity. I strained my ears, trying to catch any clue about our location. The muffled sounds of the outside world seeped through the trunk, offering little solace.

Finally, the car came to a stop. I held my breath, listening intently. The trunk creaked open, and harsh light flooded in, blinding me momentarily. The suspect stood there, a menacing silhouette against the light. My heart pounded in my chest as he roughly pulled me out, forcing me to stand on shaky legs.

He taunted me with a twisted grin, reveling in his control over my fate. I refused to show my fear, meeting his gaze with defiance. But inside, I was a storm of emotions - fear, anger, and a burning determination to survive once more.

Back at the precinct, Officer Chen was relentless in her pursuit of information. She tirelessly interviewed witnesses, piecing together clues that could lead us to the suspect. Every lead was followed, every possible avenue explored. The entire department rallied behind her, their dedication unwavering.

As the hours stretched into a tense night, I found myself in a grim situation. Bound and held captive, I knew I had to find a way out. The suspect's grip on me was strong, but so was my will to survive.