nine ~ another kind of confession

Londyn jolted awake from the peaceful sleep she'd been in, sweating from head to toe. She tucked her hair back. It was strange, she couldn't remember having a bad dream.

The candle next to her bed danced, and she could see it wasn't light outside yet. Her mouth was dry, so she decided to go get some water.

Coming out of her cabin, the homestead was empty, not a soul in sight. She glanced towards where the benches were. No one.

The usual sounds of the animals and insects were also nowhere to be found, it was like she was all alone. A smell lingered in the air, dust, ashes, death.

Uneasy, Londyn cautiously walked outside, looking up at the sky which was an eerie blue color as a bitter cold gush of wind caused goosebumps to erupt on her skin. Something wasn't right.

"Hello?" she called out, and heard her voice echo all the way to the walls and back. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up like pins when there was no reply.

Her chest heaved, and she could see the doors were wide open. She assumed the only natural suspicion possible, that the Grievers had come in and taken everyone during the night.

Unsure of what to do, she ran into the forest to see if there were any survivors hiding in the Map Room, but when she got inside, it was just as quiet as the rest of the Glade.

She drew her hands to the sides of her face in horror. When she turned around, Noah stood in the doorway making her jump. He was covered in blood, holding a sharp piece of broken wood that had a sheen of fresh blood on it.

"Noah?" she spoke, and he only responded by breathing raggedly, a menacing smile and dark look in his eyes claiming her as his next target.

"What did you do?" she asked, her eyes tearing up. He only took a step forward. "What the hell did you do?!"

"I killed them all..." he told her darkly. "So now, we can be alone."

She shook her head, unable to speak as she could only breathe. "No."

He came closer to her, and never would she let him touch her again. Using all of the strength she could manage, she threw a fist into his face. Over and over again until her hand was covered in blood.

"Get away from me!" she screamed, torn from her throat, until suddenly it was light, and a wooden wall came into view in front of her with her own blood dripping down it.

She realized it was all a nightmare, sobbing as the pain throbbed from her knuckles to her wrist. She was sitting on her knees, like she had thrown herself from the bed out of reflex.

The door swung open, and Minho stopped dead at the sight before him. "What the hell?"

She sat back, wiping her nose as she couldn't look at him, only the mess she'd made on the wall.

He knelt down, shushing her as he knew she couldn't speak. "What did you do to yourself, girl-shank?"

"I thought..." she tried to speak, only it being overwritten by yet another sob. She took a deep breath.

"It's all right," he comforted and wrapped an arm around her. She dug her forehead into his chest, and he moved her hair out of her face. "You're safe."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry," he said, pulling away to look at her. "I came to wake you up. You gonna be okay?"

She nodded hesitantly, moving to stand up when he beat her to it, pulling her up with him.

Minho examined her hand. "You got a thing for bandages or something?"