Mo Chroí.

-   Flash-back  -

She stood on her tippy toes as her small hand reached for the door handle. Once it opened she quietly walked to the stairs with her favourite teddy bear clutched tightly in her arms.

She sat down at the top of the stairs, hugging her bear tighter for comfort as she listened to her mother's cries coming from the kitchen.

"Oh my love." Her mother sobbed.
Maeve didn't understand the cause of her mother's sadness, let alone the death of her father. However hearing her mother cry made her heart sting and her eyes tear up.

Maeve rested her head against the wall.

"Please come back. Come home." Her mother spoke desperately to herself. Hoping by some miracle her husband would return to her.

'Everything will be alright.' Her father would say.
'Happiness always returns.'

Maeve imagined the feeling of his hand combing through her hair, or the sound of his voice. She pictured his smile in her head and found herself smiling too.

Though as the image faded from her mind and her mother's cries returned to her ears, she felt a sick feeling in her stomach.

Maeve sniffled as she stood from her position on the top of the stairs. She ran back to her bedroom, not being able to hear her mother's cries for any longer.

She dreamt of her father. She dreamt of seeing him and her mother together again, happy like how they were before.
That was enough to rock her gently back to sleep and drown out the sobs of her mother from downstairs.

__________

Don't forget to vote 💙
_________