Clearer Mind.

Tom was sure he had died and gone to heaven. It was the only explanation.

The bed was the perfect balance between hot and cold, his pillow was cold and the air smelt of flowers. He was smiling as his eyes stayed closed, his heart felt fuller. It was perfect. He never wanted to leave this moment. He wanted to stay in that bed forever.

The sun's light traveled into the room from the windows. He had forgotten to close the curtains last night. It's gold rays fell on Tom's face, he could see the light even if his eyes were closed.

Blinking a couple times, Tom's eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness as they opened. He rubbed his face tiredly as he yawned.

That's when he saw the mess of dark hair laying beside him. There was next to no space between them. He could feel the warmth radiating off her. She looked beautiful.

Tom thought back to the night before. He had guided her to the guest room, not his own bedroom. He was sure if it. Yet she was in his bed. He was holding her, smelling her hair and giving her his warmth.

Tom knew he should wake her up, demand an explanation and be angry. But he wasn't. It was so hard to be. He didn't want her to leave, he wanted them to stay like that.

The ugly truth was that moments like these were incredibly rare, and only possible when neither were aware of it. So Tom wanted to cherish this one.

His hand moved to her arm, his finger stroked her soft skin, travelling higher and higher up her arm until he reached her shoulder. Boldly Tom leaned down and placed a soft kiss on it. He combed her hair back to get a better look at her face. She was so peaceful looking, so beautiful and perfect. Tom felt the need to memorise every detail, every light freckle and dark eyelash. The shape of her nose and lips, and the natural pink tint on her cheeks.

Tom sighed in content.

Maeve began to stir in her sleep, her body twisted around so that she was facing Tom. Inaudible mumbles came from her mouth.
Tom smirked as he watched her wake up.
Sure enough her eye flickered open. It took her a few moments to fully wake up and register where she was and who she was with. But she did. Tom watched her expression change from confused to utter shock.

"What the fuck!" Maeve shot up in the bed. Her eyes widened as she stared at Tom, her lips parted.
"Why are you in my bed?"

Tom watched her in amusement. He quirked a brow. "Your bed?" He mocked in false confusion.

Maeve's brows knitted together as she frowned. She took a glance at her surroundings, not recognising it as her own room. "Fuck." She mumbled. She turned her head so she was facing Tom again, "how did I get here?"

"I would also like the answer to that question." Tom pushed the covers away from his body as he got out of his bed. Only then did Maeve notice he was completely shirtless with only a pair of loose trousers.
"You showed up here drunk last night. You also crawled into my bed." Tom sounded completely unbothered, making Maeve feel worse for some reason.

As he got to the bedroom door he stopped and turned his head back to Maeve.
"Your stuff is in the guest room. Where I originally left you. It's the fourth door on the right."

Maeve wanted the world to swallow her whole.
"Where I originally left you."
"Why does this shit always happen to me?" Maeve grumbled. She buried her face in her hands, swearing to never drink a drop of alcohol again.

She needed to leave as soon as possible.

It took a lot of strength to get out of the bed. Maeve didn't think she had ever felt a duvet so warm and pillows so soft. Maeve followed Tom's directions to the guest room, and sure enough her dress from last night were discarded on the floor. Beside it were her phone and purse.